Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Journeyman Pro

Re: How are the current conditions affecting your game?

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    That's another factor I forgot to mention. Our course has a couple of tight tee shots early on (2nd and 3rd), so I went with the 3 iron yesterday on both, kept them nice and straight, and plenty of roll meant that I don't lose out on too much distance.
    3 iron a very rare beast these days.

Loving them and only wish that they could continue all year round.

The only real difference is that I'm playing to land 5-10 yards short of greens and then rely on a favourable bounce. Obviously this doesn't always work but I still feel the longer than normal shot distances off the tee coupled with the shorter club selection on approaches is still a mahoosive advantage in the grand scheme of things.

It's really to hot out there at the minute but I'll miss these 30 degree temperatures once they're gone.
    I used to have a signature until it became unfashionable.

I have to admit, Iím struggling!
    Canít seem to hit a fairway, when out of position I canít hold a green & canít judge the bounces Iím getting.
    Handicap steadily going up and no sign of improvement. Roll on the rainy season!

Journeyman Pro

Initially I found it tough to control accuracy off the tee with the roll out meaning the rough comes into play more, and tough to judge approach shots with nothing that lands on the green staying on.

However, having played a lot of golf in the last 10 days Iím now using conditions to my advantage. Smooth swings with the driver yielding far greater accuracy with good distance and then hitting knock down running shots into the green. Itís also brought most par 5s into range which is good fun (wind dependent).

Iíve really enjoyed the thinking challenge thatís come with it too. Being in the right place to hit approach shots is essential, going over a green side bunker from 100 yards plus to a tight ish pin isnít going to work out well and judging how far and fast the ball will roll, when to chip and when to putt - things I havenít thought enough about in the past probably.

Donít get me wrong, I really like playing target golf and feeling like I can go aggressively at the pin, but this has provided an equally enjoyable bit of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    3 iron a very rare beast these days.
    It's an old 90's Big Bertha one, sourced a few weeks ago thanks to a kind gentleman by the name of ArnoldArmChewer on here! I was after a hybrid replacement at the time, but I've found more use with it as a kind of driving iron on tight holes as it turns out.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12į)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17į)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50į)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56į)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60į)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Still newish to the game (1 and 1/2 years playing), and finding it difficult when don't get a clean contact. One issues yesterday, very very bare lie, brown grass .. 4 hybird (240 yds) left ... hit slightly behind the ball (only just), and with such firm ground, the club bounced so thinned the ball right .. and in to trouble. Saying that .. due to roll, got my best distance with 3 wood (don't currently play a driver), of 245 yds .... just more practice needed

Tour Rookie

Its great fun, currently hitting drives to places I have never at the parkland course, its mad. Drove the 5th, 4th par5 was a driver & PW,2nd was driver and 60 yard chip, 9th par5 was driver and 9 wood, just mad run outs. At the links course I played Monday, I don't think I have ever hit so many 300 yards drives in one round, very brown #nograssforresistance.

Have gone back to launching my driver much lower, as it gets more distance in these conditions.

Shame that my irons seem to have gone to pot and I cant hit a green in reg, hard to convince myself not to lift up when the ground is like concrete, so scores have not got any better than my normal rubbish.....

Club Champion

I'm enjoying it off the tee as I can take a 5 iron and it'll roll out to where my normal drive would finish but around the greens is very tough. Duffed a chip last week and was willing it to run onto the green; it ended up through the back!
    Ping G20 Driver - Old Wilson Steel Shafted 3 Wood - Ping Karsten 3 & 4 Hybrids - Taylormade Aeroburner HL Irons 5-SW - Vokey 50į & 60į Wedges - Ping Sigma G Ketsch B Putter