Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Head Pro

What would you do?

I am an Artisan member at my golf club, which means we get cheaper fees for working on the golf course, we are our own section and nothing to do with the main club but do have the tee booked for our competitions and interclub matches.

On Saturday we were playing against another club in a friendly match, i was out last playing with a new member of our club (it was his first club match) and we were playing with/against two guests.

On the 2nd hole as we were leaving the green a ball from the group behind landed fairly near to us, not dangerous but rolled up to us, i noticed it was a 1 ball in a buggy so said to our group we will wait until he has putted out and invite him to play through.

When he arrived on the 3rd tee he said are you going to let me play through, no hi guys or friendliness i said yes of course but just to warn you we are in a club match and the last group out so it is busy in front but the boys will let you play through, he then responded with you have no f*****g standing on the course, i did inform him we had a booked tee slot and this was available for all members to see on the club info board in the lobby and that the other course was actually the one to be used for free play, he then repeated what he said before he smashed his drive out of bounds and drove off to the clubhouse to complain about our attitude.

Now since Saturday i have been mulling this over and it is really bothering me, i think in terms of my Artisan club i have done the right thing and been polite to the parent club member but part of me thinks if the guy was that rude to me in a different situation i would of have had more to say and feel a little bit like i have let myself down.

I know life is too short and i should forget it but what would you do in a similar situation?

And breathe, lol.
    handicap 13.2

Re: What would you do?

Find out who he is
    Find out where he parks his car
    Hire a flock of pigeons to give it the once over...
    The bloke is a grade A Knob but you have the moral victory
    Possibly a sly word with someone in authority without making it a formal complaint...?
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

I'd say you have as much standing as he does. So what if you're an artisan member,. You paying for you're membership by a combination of money and time. Still a member in my books.

Find out who he is and have a word with the club. He's bang out of order in my book.
    Westy
    ----------------------------
    Official Handicap - May-09 23, Apr-10 20.2, May-11 13.5, April-12 12.7, Sep-12 11.0 (Oh yes), July-13 11.6, Apr-14 12.5, Oct-15 11-5, Feb-16 11.4, Apr-17-11.7, Jun-17-11.8
    http://www.knebworthgolfclub.com
    and
    http://www.chesfielddownsgolf.co.uk

Q-School Graduate

I'd have told he would be called through if he'd like tonask politely otherwise 'sorry, match in progress is ring fenced and won't be calling anyone through'

Pompous 🔔🔚

Journeyman Pro

Just bad manners , you have every right to be where you where.
    Some people amaze me I would never speak to a stranger like that.
    Report him officially not on the QT so the club can’t just sweep it under the carpet.
    Confronted his kind usually yield.

No wonder he was playing alone first rate Bell.

Start by finding out what the artisan standing is. Then report him anyway or get a friendly ‘full’ member to do it. It can only work with respect on both sides. He’s got none

Major Champion

Think you should have an official word Ian. Even if just to give your side of the story. You were representing your club, and a member has let the club down with his behaviour in front of guests.

Bet you wish you had smashed his ball into the trees now.
    www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

Handicap 11.6

Cooden Beach Centenary Fourball Betterball champion with Smiffy.

www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2018

Your reply to "you going to let me flipping through" should have been. We were but we won't be now.

Q-School Graduate

However you decide to go about it you have to report it

As well as being down right rude to you, it's embarrassing to the main club and your Artisan section - who I'm sure put a lot of effort into the club/course

Do not let him get away with it!

Oh and I'd probably have pocketed his ball too and told him it couldn't possibly have been his as surely he wouldn't have played whilst you were in range 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Find out who he is
    Find out where he parks his car
    Hire a flock of pigeons to give it the once over...
    The bloke is a grade A Knob but you have the moral victory
    Possibly a sly word with someone in authority without making it a formal complaint...?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback