Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tour Rookie

When things are going really bad in your game what do you do?

This year Iíve had more lessons than any other year. Iíve had about 25 x 30 minute lessons all in and my game has regressed to the point where I canít score at all.

Iím missing all over the place, hitting wild shots-
    Snap hooks, followed by wild slices. Tonight I tried leaving the driver in the boot and the 3 wood wasnít any better.

Thinking of just taking a break altogether but then not sure how not swinging a club for a few weeks can really help.
    In My Bag: Golf Clubs

Blackballed

Re: When things are going really bad in your game what do you do?

Got a mate like that just now, pulled out of an outing this weekend, walked off a lesson during the week. He just can't get it together, does have a horrible swing mind, think he's taking a couple weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    This year Iíve had more lessons than any other year. Iíve had about 25 x 30 minute lessons all in and my game has regressed to the point where I canít score at all.

Snap hooks, followed by wild slices. Tonight I tried leaving the driver in the boot and the 3 wood wasnít any better.

Thinking of just taking a break altogether but then not sure how not swinging a club for a few weeks can really help.
    Doesn't say much for the guy who is giving you lessons, find someone else
    Mizuno MP 18's muscleback TM M4 DriverTM M2 3 Wood Glenearn Golf Club

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post

Feel for you - can't be nice - never is

That's a LOT of lessons - is it trying to rebuild a swing from scratch or are there some things you just 'can't get?'

Don't think I'd be going back to a coach who got me in that mess

You can try and change too much in one go and your head gets messed up with too much to think about. Look at the pros, they will spend a couple of days on making a small swing change with their coach and hit about 500 balls doing it. We try and do it with a 30 minute lesson and a couple of buckets of balls. Not enough to make a change and then go and change something else a week later

Blackballed

Quote Originally Posted by HankMarvin View Post
    Doesn't say much for the guy who is giving you lessons, find someone else

It's up the the student to do what he's being taught, a pro lesson is no guarantee if you don't go away and work on what you've been taught, which is probably the reason why I've never taken a lesson.

Take time off the game. As a nomadic player I can take weeks off without feeling guilty.

What do you take away from these lessons? Do you have an understanding as to what is causing these bad shots

You hit the ball well and quite a distance when we played a year or so back.
    A bit wayward the odd time, but i thought your main problem then was swinging far too fast, it was just a blur .
    Hope you get sorted mate , you've got the talent .
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5 oooops 17.1, 15.9. 16.5 sad.

You're thinking about it too much and trying too hard.
    I think you need to step back for a bit and enjoy your golf. Get out on the course, play the game without thinking about your swing and just try to have some fun. The course is in great condition, just go and hit a few balls with the sticks.
    You've progressed pretty well so far, won a few comps but now it's time to stop and breathe.