Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Re: Envy or jealousy ?

Quote Originally Posted by rudebhoy View Post
    see above post. as for scraping barrels, aren't you the one who lobbed in the "racist" card?
    Deleted.

:Edit, you know what... you're incurable, and I'm not wasting my time on the likes of you... Enjoy your petty racist views. The sad thing is you will never recognise the utter tripe you post for what it is, enjoy!
    Last edited by Lazkir; 08-Jul-2018 at 21:49.
    Handicap 13.5

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMickie View Post
    Why can it not be agreed that there are idiots everywhere who will attach themselves to football teams?

Could be national sides or clubs.

Could be alcohol fuelled violence or vile religious bigotry.

Whatever form it takes is despicable but it fortunate remains the minority.
    I can agree that it is idiots attaching themselves to a football team; England.

Iíve been to numerous cup finals, most home, a couple abroad and numerous football matches both as a fan and in a professional capacity; the levels of disorder are considerably worse when England are involved.

Whilst some might not like the way rudebhoy made his original post, I have to say that as far as Iím concerned he has a valid point. Yes, itís still a minority but a considerably larger minority when England are involved.

Lancashire Asst Chief Constable tweeted this morning -

@ACCWoods
    @ACCWoods

In the last 24hrs we dealt with 2200 incidents the highest on record. Demand surged after the England match predominantly alcohol fuelled violence inclu. domestic & serious assaults.We had planned for this but such a shame this happens.Well done team @LancsPolice for your efforts

Attachment 25201

a bit more than "isolated incidents" on a normal weekend ...
    What he doesnít say is that typically there are, say, 1500 incidents on a normal Saturday night.

By by saying there were 2200 incidents following the match he is clouding the numbers. There might have only been 200 related to the match. And in a county the size of Lancashire. Címon, letís have a bit of perspective rather than the sensational headlines.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Munich View Post

Iíve been to numerous cup finals, most home, a couple abroad and numerous football matches both as a fan and in a professional capacity; the levels of disorder are considerably worse when England are involved.

Whilst some might not like the way rudebhoy made his original post, I have to say that as far as Iím concerned he has a valid point. Yes, itís still a minority but a considerably larger minority when England are involved.
    I remember a certain bunch of people that ripped up the turf at Wembley. They also snapped the goalposts and caused general mayhem around the ground.
    But I never held the country where they came from for their misdemeanours, I just attributed it to a few morons that got over excited whilst drunk.
    Maybe I was wrong and I should have blamed the whole of Scotland for their behaviour?
    Handicap 13.5

6 tonnes of broken glass swept up in Nottingham, a police dog in Dorset abused because itís a German Shepherd (I donít know whether to laugh or cry) and idiots trying to trash a Swedish furniture store. Makes you proud to be English, but hey, letís just dismiss it as an average Saturday night.

The only good good news story that Iíve seen come out of this is that the Millwall supporters club has started a crowdfunding page to pay for the repairs to the ambulance put out of commission in Borough High Street.

Why do these numpties consider it acceptable to behave like complete and utter cretins just because we won a football match?
    When was there a time when such people did not exist and it's not an English issue

Peter the Hermit, 11th Century

ďThe young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no respect for their parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone know everything and what passes for wisdom in us foolishness in them. As for the girls, they are foolish and immodest and unwomanly in speech, behavior, and dress.Ē

Seneca, 1st Century AD

ďOur young men have grown slothful. There is not a single honorable occupation for which they will toil night and day. They sing and dance and grow effeminate and curl their hair and learn womanish tricks of speech; they are as languid as women and deck themselves out with unbecoming ornaments. Without strength, without energy, they add nothing during life to the gifts with which they were born ó then they complain of their lot.Ē

Plato, 5th century BC

ďOur youth have an insatiable desire for wealth; they have bad manners and atrocious customs regarding dressing and their hair and what garments or shoes they wear.Ē

Socrates, 5th century BC

ďThe children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love to chatter in place of exercise.Ē

Hesiod, 8th Century BC

ďI see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint.Ē

Assyrian Clay Tablet, 2800 BC

ďOur Earth is degenerate in these later days; there are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end; bribery and corruption are common; children no longer obey their parents; every man wants to write a book and the end of the world is evidently approaching.Ē
    Play it cool Trigger!

But nobody has denied or said anything different, weíve acknowledged we have the idiots, but to stay at home because the concert maybe spoilt is rubbish, I live near the venue, absolutely no reported incidents, everybody saying on fbook/twitter etc what a wonderful night they had.
    As youíve put, youíve got far more experience than most if not all on here, have you not experienced the good as well?
    Iíve certainly seen both sides of England fans and to the majority we are public enemy no1, just not all of us.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    England fans have a tiny minority who sre idiotic morons who cause damage, fight, get drunk etc etc, posting it again for the god knows how many times.

You have posted about England fans, a few have questioned your motive and mentioned about tarring everyone with the same brush.

Yes, I accept you paraphrased, but itís paraphraseing once again to back up your point about England fans in general, just stick to facts or quote directly, that way there is no confusion.

Then you say Iím splitting hairs! Quality, you couldnít make it up!

You still havenít answered the question as to what was the point of once again highlighting the tiny minority misbehaving
    I have never once said it is all England fans, if you think I have, please show me where.

As for why I posted the quote from the ACC, I already explained that. I said yesterday there was likely to be trouble after the match. Despite being told I was being racist etc etc, I was proved right. The BBC and the national press have went to town on it, are they anti English as well?

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    What he doesnít say is that typically there are, say, 1500 incidents on a normal Saturday night.

By by saying there were 2200 incidents following the match he is clouding the numbers. There might have only been 200 related to the match. And in a county the size of Lancashire. Címon, letís have a bit of perspective rather than the sensational headlines.
    It was the Asst Chief Constable who tweeted and pointed the finger at football fans. Is he guilty of sensationalism? West Midlands Police did the same btw.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Lazkir View Post
    Deleted.

:Edit, you know what... you're incurable, and I'm not wasting my time on the likes of you... Enjoy your petty racist views. The sad thing is you will never recognise the utter tripe you post for what it is, enjoy!
    While I may disagree with some of the posters on here, at least we can have a reasonably adult conversation. You are the exception. If all you can do is throw insults like that around, then itís futile even engaging with you. Feel free to call me all the nasty names you like, I wonít be responding.

I have never once said it is all England fans, if you think I have, please show me where.

As for why I posted the quote from the ACC, I already explained that. I said yesterday there was likely to be trouble after the match. Despite being told I was being racist etc etc, I was proved right. The BBC and the national press have went to town on it, are they anti English as well?
    Just read your first post, tried straight away to explain as did 4-5 others. You said ďEngland FansĒ
    Anyway, I agree some, a very tiny minority who are embarrassing and the scum of the earth, England fans need locking up.