Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Head Pro

Re: Brexit - or Article 50: the Pheonix!

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    That is not a plan - that s an objective.

And meanwhile the children in the cabinet pram are throwing their teddies out of their pram.

It is actually funny that you continue to pretend that it is those who voted to Remain are moaning and throwing our teddies out of the plan when in fact it is Leave voters who are doing just that.

Many who voted Remain simply continue to point out our concerns over the issues, problems and warnings that arise daily - and over the duplicity and the self-serving fundamentalist mindset of many prominent anti-EU leave supporters - a mindset that would see the UK out of the EU regardless of the damage to the economy and social fabric that might well result and that will affect the poorest of society whilst satisfying the comfortable smug wishes of a well-off few.
    Have you ever considered that those who voted to leave weren't actually voting for a plan as such but just wanted out of the EU?

We are big boys, quite capable of standing on our own 2 feet.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    Have you ever considered that those who voted to leave weren't actually voting for a plan as such but just wanted out of the EU?

We are big boys, quite capable of standing on our own 2 feet.
    We were told there was a plan to leave ...I was repeatedly told here that there was a plan to leave and that I shouldn't be so naive to expect to be told of that plan.

And no matter how big you think that we are we are in a mess.

And I am afraid that you seem to forget that well over 16 million people did not want to Leave, and that our wishes and concerns should be recognised.

It isn't all about Leave voters as much as they like to think that it is - and it simply cannot be all about the wishes of Leave voters if there is to be any chance of reconciliation across the electorate on this in the future.

Some commentators expect this to run for many, many years in the way that the Irish independence question consumed governments of all hues from the early 19th Century until the 1920s.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

I'd do just exactly what I want having been the recipient of all sorts of scorn and vitriol over the last two years on this.

But OK - all is well. All is tickety-boo. Today's meeting at Chequers is to rubber stamp the plan that has been in place and followed for the last 2 years

One day someone will admit that there never was a plan. Clearly those here are not ready to make that admission - rather deflection and counter charge remains the order of the day.
    Very well. Continue stating your opinion as fact, your call.

Fact.....

A thing that is known or proved to be true.
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Very well. Continue stating your opinion as fact, your call.

Fact.....

A thing that is known or proved to be true.
    So you still believe that it is a FACT that there has always been a plan for Brexit and that the government has been following it assiduously. Got any evidence of that?
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

We were told there was a plan to leave ...I was repeatedly told here that there was a plan to leave and that I shouldn't be so naive to expect to be told of that plan.

And I am afraid that you seem to forget that well over 16 million people did not want to Leave, and that our wishes and concerns should be recognised.

It isn't all about Leave voters as much as they like to think that it is - and it simply cannot be all about the wishes of Leave voters if there is to be any chance of reconciliation across the electorate on this in the future.

Some commentators expect this to run for many, many years in the way that the Irish independence question consumed governments of all hues from the early 19th Century until the 1920s.
    There was a plan, and the EU didn't accept it. They were offered another plan, and they didn't accept that. We're onto plan x,y,z, and you are naive if you don't think plans change, become hardened or moderated. C'mon Hugh, you're Project Manager. You know that you start of with a concept, develop a plan, offer the plan, accept that the customer wants it changing/amending. Find that elements of the plan aren't feasible, or that circumstances change, and the plan does to match it. What complicated plan have you ever had that is the same on delivery day as it was at first concept.
    Give it big humpties

Assistant Pro

There is something very odd going on. I don't know if it's the Trump influence where you keep on repeating the same false assertion until the gullible swallow it. Yesterday, Owen Paterson MP a prominent Brexiteer was at it. His response to the concerns Chief Exec of Jaguar L/R was to completely ignore them and to insist that the company would be better off after Brexit.I can't be persuaded that Paterson knows better than Jaguar, Airbus, BMW and all the rest. It can't be " Project Fear". They all say that we need frictionless trade and full access to the single market. It's well past the time when May must spell out how this can be achieved.

Tour Winner

Any chance GM could get another GDPR request.......

Do you understand the concept of a referendum?

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Do you understand the concept of a referendum?
    Ah, but you have clearly forgotten that the Referendum was only advisory............and well over 16 million people advised the Government that the UK should remain.

Of course the fact that 17 million people advised the Government that the UK should leave doesn't matter - the 16 million are right...........because the 17 million were either old and senile and therefore didn't know what they were doing; or right-wing facists; or uneducated and thick.

And don't forget that it also rained in biblical proportions on Referendum Day, which kept a significant number of remain voters indoors!!

With sincere apologies to Pete Townshend "Meet the new thread; same as the old thread"!!!
    --------------------
    Handicap : 5 (4.6)

Titleist 915D2 9.5
    Adams Tight Lies 3 and 5 fairways
    Mizuno MP60 Irons 3-PW
    Titleist Vokey 52* & 60* Wedges
    Scotty Studio Select Fastback 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by PieMan View Post
    Ah, but you have clearly forgotten that the Referendum was only advisory............and well over 16 million people advised the Government that the UK should remain.

Of course the fact that 17 million people advised the Government that the UK should leave doesn't matter - the 16 million are right...........because the 17 million were either old and senile and therefore didn't know what they were doing; or right-wing facists; or uneducated and thick.

And don't forget that it also rained in biblical proportions on Referendum Day, which kept a significant number of remain voters indoors!!

With sincere apologies to Pete Townshend "Meet the new thread; same as the old thread"!!!
    you forgot about those who didn't vote as they were clearly happy with the way things were and so should be added to the remainers total.

next he'll want the remainers pets added to total
    in my bag; all LH Callaway Epic sub zero driver with fujikura pro green x flex shaft, Epic Sub zero 3 wood with fujikura pro green x flex, Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades (3-PW) Cleveland CG15 wedges (52,56,60), Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter, Callaway Chrome soft balls