Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Re: Brexit - or Article 50: the Pheonix!

And D-Day for May arrives - whether that is Denouement-Day and Deal-Day who knows.

One way or another it is Put Up or Shut Up Day of the likes of Johnson, Davis, Leadsom, Fox and the various 'rebels' (funny how it is now the Hard Brexiteers who are being referred to in some quarters as the 'rebels')
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    And D-Day for May arrives - whether that is Denouement-Day and Deal-Day who knows.

One way or another it is Put Up or Shut Up Day of the likes of Johnson, Davis, Leadsom, Fox and the various 'rebels' (funny how it is now the Hard Brexiteers who are being referred to in some quarters as the 'rebels')
    I think it will probably be the end of May as PM. If she attempts to push through a fudge there could be a vote of no confidence in her and she would not survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    I think it will probably be the end of May as PM.
    That's been thought many a time over the last 24 months! In any usual time, probably it would be, but I can't see that anyone else would want to take over now.

As far as any contenders are concerned, they probably think it's best for May to own this mess and swoop in after a deal / no deal is done.

I think it will probably be the end of May as PM. If she attempts to push through a fudge there could be a vote of no confidence in her and she would not survive it.
    BTW - what happened to that plan that 2yrs ago you and others were adamant in telling us all that the government had for the negotiations, but that we could not be told about as telling us would undermine the negotiations.

Is it possible that there never was a plan - that there might have been aspirational objectives al la the Lancaster House speech - but in fact there has never been a plan.

But I suspect that we will never hear an admission that we were duped into thinking that there was a plan when in fact nothing of the sort ever existed. And the evidence for the lack of a plan? Well - look at the mess the negotiations and the government is in - and look at today's meeting...

What a shower - what a shambles.

Brexit means Brexit? What a vacuous and meaningless catch phrase as that is all it is.

They need us more than we need them? Well maybe some thought this at the outset - but given where we are today do we still think that..?

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

BTW - what happened to that plan that 2yrs ago you and others were adamant in telling us all that the government had for the negotiations, but that we could not be told about as telling us would undermine the negotiations.

Is it possible that there never was a plan - that there might have been aspirational objectives al la the Lancaster House speech - but in fact there has never been a plan.

But I suspect that we will never hear an admission that we were duped into thinking that there was a plan when in fact nothing of the sort ever existed. And the evidence for the lack of a plan? Well - look at the mess the negotiations and the government is in - and look at today's meeting...

What a shower - what a shambles.

Brexit means Brexit? What a vacuous and meaningless catch phrase as that is all it is.

They need us more than we need them? Well maybe some thought this at the outset - but given where we are today do we still think that..?
    The plan was simple, leave the EU. The only thing that is frustrating it is people like you who have been acting like spoiled children who never got their own way.

A plan so simple it is yet to transpire over two years after the vote?!

Quote Originally Posted by jp5 View Post
    A plan so simple it is yet to transpire over two years after the vote?!
    Yup. All us Remoaners keep getting in the way apparently. Such a delicate little flower of a plan. Simple, but delicate. Like spun sugar.
    TM M2 - Rogue Black stiff shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM RBZ 18* Hybrid
    Srixon 20 degree driving iron
    Taylor made P790 5-PW - Project X 6.0
    Vokey wedges 50, 56 & 60
    Odyssey Fang Tank

The plan was simple, leave the EU. The only thing that is frustrating it is people like you who have been acting like spoiled children who never got their own way.
    That is not a plan - that s an objective.

And meanwhile the children in the cabinet pram are throwing their teddies out of their pram.

It is actually funny that you continue to pretend that it is those who voted to Remain are moaning and throwing our teddies out of the plan when in fact it is Leave voters who are doing just that.

Many who voted Remain simply continue to point out our concerns over the issues, problems and warnings that arise daily - and over the duplicity and the self-serving fundamentalist mindset of many prominent anti-EU leave supporters - a mindset that would see the UK out of the EU regardless of the damage to the economy and social fabric that might well result and that will affect the poorest of society whilst satisfying the comfortable smug wishes of a well-off few.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 06-Jul-2018 at 10:01.

Job done

Your opinion of how the negotiations are going is not evidence that proves a fact.

Please don't do it
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Your opinion of how the negotiations are going is not evidence that proves a fact.

Please don't do it
    I'd do just exactly what I want having been the recipient of all sorts of scorn and vitriol over the last two years on this.

But OK - all is well. All is tickety-boo. Today's meeting at Chequers is to rubber stamp the plan that has been in place and followed for the last 2 years

One day someone will admit that there never was a plan. Clearly those here are not ready to make that admission - rather deflection and counter charge remains the order of the day.

Job done