Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Head Pro

Re: Brexit - or Article 50: the Pheonix!

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    That's not what 'all that it was cracked up to be' means - that phrase is generally taken to mean that something was over-sold (Disappointed; failing to meet expectations)
    I think LT is pretty much correct with his interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    We went into a trading organisation. It has morphed into something so much bigger and more intrusive than that. That expansion into people's lives is not what was sold, or cracked up to be.
    Totally agree with the above. But I feel that with some major tweaking it could be that, and better. I would rather we stayed in but also see it returned closer to a trading organisation. In its current form it is far too federalist and bureaucratic.

As for an EU army; a few years ago Putin said he feared a large single army on Russia’s border, when talking about the concept of an EU army. I’m not sure I would want to upset the balance of power. Equally, why does the EU need an army?
    Give it big humpties

Do we need a referendum to decide whether we want another in/out referendum , and are we going for the best of 3 or 5 ?
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Suspect if we did have another referendum then it would be on specifics rather than vague unsubstantiated promises. Really the vote that should have been had in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jp5 View Post
    Suspect if we did have another referendum then it would be on specifics rather than vague unsubstantiated promises. Really the vote that should have been had in the first place.
    Define the specifics though. Before the last referendum we had no idea of the terms of leaving, we still don't now. I don't see how it could have been anything other than a simple in or out. A referendum question has to be simple, it can not confuse.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Can't boil down a complex arrangement to a simple question unfortunately! The referendum question was so naff that we've wasted two years arguing about interpretations of the result - of which there was just about every variety on both sides of the argument.

It looks unlikely we will strike a deal that will please *anyone*, though I suspect parliament would still rather take that than no deal which won't go down well.

So I would give the people a vote on what is actually on offer - for instance, no deal vs. rescind A.50. If a deal was struck that could be a third option with a preferential voting system. If the majority of people favour no deal that is what we should go with.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Compare and contrast Mr Rees-Mogg on Trump and Obama

Rees-Mogg on Obama on Brexit

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0f4c81e86f913

Rees-Mogg on Trump on Brexit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Mhokzv-jw

Mind you I could blame the current chaos on Mrs May for her not listening to the wise words of Mr Trump - who advised her how to do Brexit quickly and easily - and she just didn't accept his advice and went her own way. What did he advise her to do? - well - of course he couldn't possibly say - that's for Mrs May to tell us. And as we turn to Mrs May with curiosity written on our faces, Mrs May says 'thanks Donald'.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 13-Jul-2018 at 11:11.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Compare and contrast Mr Rees-Mogg on Trump and Obama

Rees-Mogg on Obama on Brexit

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0f4c81e86f913

Rees-Mogg on Trump on Brexit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Mhokzv-jw

Mind you I could blame the current chaos on Mrs May for her not listening to the wise words of Mr Trump - who advised her how to do Brexit quickly and easily - and she just didn't accept his advice and went her own way. What did he advise her to do? - well - of course he couldn't possibly say - that's for Mrs May to tell us. And as we turn to Mrs May with curiosity written on our faces, Mrs May says 'thanks Donald'.
    Get some help mate. Seriously, it’s not healthy.

Can't boil down a complex arrangement to a simple question unfortunately! The referendum question was so naff that we've wasted two years arguing about interpretations of the result - of which there was just about every variety on both sides of the argument.

It looks unlikely we will strike a deal that will please *anyone*, though I suspect parliament would still rather take that than no deal which won't go down well.

So I would give the people a vote on what is actually on offer - for instance, no deal vs. rescind A.50. If a deal was struck that could be a third option with a preferential voting system. If the majority of people favour no deal that is what we should go with.
    No! The likes of you have, the rest of us were quite clear all along what we voted for and wanted.
    Last edited by SocketRocket; 13-Jul-2018 at 15:57.
    Play it cool Trigger!

It was crystal clear: Leave the EU; Yes or NO.
    Play it cool Trigger!