Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Re: Brexit - or Article 50: the Pheonix!

Quote Originally Posted by drdel View Post
    I have great difficulty taking these comments with any degree of seriousness.

The public were asked to decide on a strategic direction. It is not possible to present detail in a strategic plan. If you've had any experience of presenting strategic papers to a Board of Directors or their equivalent you will know that brevity and presenting the key points is critical.

Presenting the public with detail would have been impossible, as I suspect you know. ANY summary paper can easily be criticised as missing certain detail- its the oldest trick in the book by Director(s) etc. wishing to derail a meeting.

Obviously the post's comments simply hope to provoke reactions but in the Big Boys world of real decision making strategy is what the Generals do, Planning and detailed operational execution is left to the soldiers.
    Are you suggesting that the pubic isn't capable of understanding the detail of the most important matter facing the country in the last 50yrs? A decision that - if enacted - is irreversible. I couldn't possibly make such a suggestion, but you can.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Are you suggesting that the pubic isn't capable of understanding the detail of the most important matter facing the country in the last 50yrs? A decision that - if enacted - is irreversible. I couldn't possibly make such a suggestion, but you can.
    You’ve spent 2 years telling every Leaver how stupid they are in the most supercilious manner ever, why stop now?
    Give it big humpties

Most of the General Public - yes!
    I've been saying it since day 1
    Most people don't read and can't understand the jargon used in basic terms and conditions used to sell you a fridge.
    What chance have they both with the minutiae details involved in virtually every area of a Brexit deal? How many pages..?? 1000's? Get your head out of the clouds.
    The Public were asked a simple question - Yes or No.
    They weren't asked about any customs unions, hard borders or trade deals - just In or Out.
    Out won in a fair and proper vote.
    It's up to the Government of the day to produce an exit strategy that they feel is best for the Country.
    We're in the position we are in because these career politicians, instead of getting on with it and producing a strategy, are jostling for position so they can climb another rung of the political ladder.
    The whole thing is becoming a shambles because people couldn't accept the result of the referendum and have been trying to squeeze their own agenda into the workings thus delaying any agreement.
    Without all the meanderings this deal could have been sorted by now. But too many are just looking to further their own careers or simply unwilling to accept a majority verdict.
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by hors limite View Post
    I must admit to finding the whole thing perplexing in many different ways. Let's just take the last week or so. The Tories are the party of business and enterprise. Big business , Airbus and the rest, signal their concerns about frictionless trade for the umpteenth time. Boris comes out with his ridiculous "eff business". Davis publicly offers no reassurance and from Airbus's subsequent repeated anxiety not in private either. It makes me wonder if the significant change of direction at Chequers towards an explicitly softer Brexit was triggered by a loss of patience from major big business Tory donors.Did they get tired of wasting their breath on Davis and threaten May directly, who knows?
    If our turd polishing Foreign Secretary steps out of line again maybe, at last, it will be the sack.
    So, do you not think that equivalent big business in Europe, such as BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, etc are not lobbying the EU for a deal for frictionless trade?

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Most people don't read and can't understand the jargon used in basic terms and conditions used to sell you a fridge.
    What chance have they both with the minutiae details involved in virtually every area of a Brexit deal? How many pages..?? 1000's? Get your head out of the clouds.
    They weren't asked about any customs unions, hard borders or trade deals - just In or Out.
    It's up to the Government of the day to produce an exit strategy that they feel is best for the Country.
    We're in the position we are in because these career politicians, instead of getting on with it and producing a strategy, are jostling for position so they can climb another rung of the political ladder.
    The whole thing is becoming a shambles because people couldn't accept the result of the referendum and have been trying to squeeze their own agenda into the workings thus delaying any agreement.
    Without all the meanderings this deal could have been sorted by now. But too many are just looking to further their own careers or simply unwilling to accept a majority verdict.
    I look forward to the admission from the government that the best exit strategy is to not exit.

But meanwhile feel free to blame those who think leaving will be disastrous for the chaos and mess that we are currently experiencing. That chaos and mess that has nothing to do with the impossibility of doing what has been promised by Leave, and that has been made worse by May's Red Lines. Yes - it's all the fault of the Remoaners.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 10-Jul-2018 at 12:34.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

I look forward to the admission from the government that the best exit strategy is to not exit.

But meanwhile feel free to blame those who think leaving will be disastrous for the chaos and mess that we are currently experiencing. That chaos and mess that has nothing to do with the impossibility of doing what has been promised by Leave, and that has been made worse by May's Red Lines. Yes - it's all the fault of the Remoaners.
    I see. You have nothing new to say have you? You don't think the "chaos" is caused by the PM refusing to enforce on the outcome of the Referendum and negotiate with the EU properly? Heck, she went to see Merkel last week to ask permission to put a proposal before the Cabinet!
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Tour Rookie

Don't be silly, have a day off: every bit of research into surveys and the phsychology of questionaires proves that details cause confusion and produce results that are indecisive.

Brexiteers, Remoaners, Levers etc etc should have been left at the door the day after the referendum.
    It's irrelevant.
    The Country voted to leave. The worst thing they did was release details of which area voted what... irrelevant.
    THE COUNTRY VOTED TO LEAVE
    Ok, lots didn't like it but that's democracy for you.
    Blaming people just leads to delays.
    If everyone, that means EVERYONE, just got on with it and formulated the best way to leave the EU, it would have been done and dusted by now.
    Too many people are hanging onto coat tails, trying to get their own way when the way has been decided.
    Or do we have a situation where we have "referendum denial"..?
    I'm absolutely staying out of all political threads from now on as nothing is said that hasn't been said before, nobody's mind is going to be changed and many are acting worse than 5 year olds in the playground.
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Are you not a fan of democracy?

People voted, a decision was made, govt is there to enforce the will of the people. I know this has been repeated time and time again but a decision was made, deal with it.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    spot on !!!
    Anything involving politicians is always a shambles.