Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tour Winner

Re: Initial Handicap help - Women

There will be no provision to record scores if playing from tees not rated for the relevant gender.
    However, many clubs in England are now having yellow tees rated for women and some are having red tees rated for men.

The only really significant changes for the UK are (i) the switch to the averaging system (ie average of the best 8 from the last 20 scores) as opposed to the CONGU ratchet system and (ii) the concept of 'all attested scores'. The latter is likely to be implemented slightly differently in different parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by rulefan View Post
    The only really significant changes for the UK are (i) the switch to the averaging system (ie average of the best 8 from the last 20 scores) as opposed to the CONGU ratchet system and (ii) the concept of 'all attested scores'. The latter is likely to be implemented slightly differently in different parts of the world.
    So a supposed 'World' Handicap system may not really be one at all!

But it's those 2 'significant' changes that the player in the OP is most likely to recognise from the US system (also implemented with a few minor changes in several other countries) that she is familiar with.

Dean Knuth Rules OK!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    MacGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post
    Not quite. All the options will be available to all national authorities. The initial detailed implementation may be variable. My feeling is that over time it will settle down as the individual authorities use their muscle.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Foxholer View Post

But it's those 2 'significant' changes that the player in the OP is most likely to recognise from the US system (also implemented with a few minor changes in several other countries) that she is familiar with.

Dean Knuth Rules OK!
    I think you are being a little harsh (actually a lot!)

1. You can play a counting for handicap round from any tees rated for you - this applies everywhere as a rule. How many tees are rated for your gender will be down to the club to resolve. As a n aside all our tees have been rated for men...if the ladies decide that they don't want certain tees rated for them it takes a braver man than me to argue...
    2. In theory it can be argued both ways in respect of counting more scores, or counting more relevant acores. Looking at the extremes of estimating a part round 4BBB match play score and a Q comp it's not difficult to see that. What will be interesting to see is whether current CONGO players will increase the number of their supplemental and what happens in the USA environment. I don't see EGA, Australia. SA etc ending up with any practical changes on that side - although for all the actual conversion of the scoring to a handicap will theoritically change (in terms of the number of scores averages) but the likely impact in practice is negligible.

Personally I belive that the practical impact for CONGU players is negligible - the management of perceptions and expectations is another thing!

Tour Winner

Thanks for that, Duncan. Very reassuring! Having been much involved in the "management of change" in my professional life, I know well how threatening people can find even the most seemingly innocuous of changes.