Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Re: Course is Bone Dry - Temporarily Ban Smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    You really have taken the smoking ban at certain courses to heart haven’t you - ignoring the fact that it’s going to be a touch safer on the course as well as helping your health in the longer run I really can’t see why anyone would have an issue with a course adding a smoking ban - I would actually like to see if permanent , it’s only going to have a positive affect on the course and people’s health

And who is going to start a bonfire on the course ? Really - only the ground staff at my place start bonfires and it’s only in the winter - i very much doubt any club needs to have a “no bonfire rule”

My club are also prob going to cancel the fireworks that were planned for sat evening Stars and Stripes Social function - again common sense
    1st Bold, I didn't ignore it, try reading the post (to help its the bit where I say "its only prudent to have some fire risk measures, including the risk from smoking"

2nd bold, See its that 'tar all smokers with the same brush' thing again (see what I did there using the word Tar.. no probably not) Anyway just because there's inconsiderate smokers doesn't mean we all are. If we followed that logic no one would ever visit Liverpool

3rd bold I wasn't serious about bonfires, try reading the post (to help its the bit where I say "Ok just flippant I know")

Jeez

Playing in a charity day today at Remedy and smoking is banned on the course.

I'd be interested to hear if any courses keep the smoking ban after the fire risk is over
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Big sign on the 1st tee at Celtic Manor on Saturday.... no smoking on course due to fire risk. Off the (watered) fairway, it the colour of straw!

Its only sensible
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Our course has posted "Due to the dry conditions and the fire hazard they cause we thank you for not smoking on the course" signs up all over the place. Don't seem to bother the smokers much. Lady I played with on Sunday smoked like a chimney the whole way round. In her defence: She did use an ashtray atttached to her trolley. Still, I don't know where people find the nerve to just disregard the signs. I would die of shame.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25° Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Our course has posted "Due to the dry conditions and the fire hazard they cause we thank you for not smoking on the course" signs up all over the place. Don't seem to bother the smokers much. Lady I played with on Sunday smoked like a chimney the whole way round. In her defence: She did use an ashtray atttached to her trolley. Still, I don't know where people find the nerve to just disregard the signs. I would die of shame.
    An ashtray attached to her trolley, that is a serious smoker. I bet she is the one German who crosses the road when the person is on red, a real rule breaker
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

won't be a problem up here today, its pee'd it down all morning, normal service resumed

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    I'd be interested to hear if any courses keep the smoking ban after the fire risk is over
    Would love them all to do so.
    spray it about a bit and can't putt 🇿🇦

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    That’s not a ban though is it ! .the sign should read” No smoking by order of The committee “
    Anyone caught should be asked to leave the course.

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    That’s not a ban though is it ! .the sign should read” No smoking by order of The committee “
    Anyone caught should be asked to leave the course.
    Valid point. Especially in Germany. If you want people to not do something you really have to say: "X is forbidden under the penalty of Y". A simple "Please don't do that" or "Thank you for not doing that" is never going to cut it. Drives me nuts, though. Why can't people just be consderate?
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25° Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5