Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ouch!!

Ouch!!

A new first for me in golf... got hit by a golf ball yesterday.

A wayward drive from an adjacent hole caught me full on the shin. Pretty painful at the time, and it swelled right up but was able to finish the round then get ice on it. Looks like no lasting damage, just tender today, so maybe got off lightly.

Re: Ouch!!

Better you shin than your chin!

Very.
    Was stood next to a chap on a tee a couple of years ago, and a wayward tee shot bounce next to us, bounced up and hit him on the side of his temple. Luckily for him he had glasses and the arm of the glasses took the initial contact and somehow saved him from anything other than a trip to A and E, and heavy bruising to the side of eye socket.
    Forever trying.

Journeyman Pro

This might sound a strange comment, but I find it mildly reassuring that everyone I know that has been hit by a ball hasn’t suffered anything more than a bruise or two.

Of course being hit is horrible for all concerned, but I think you’d have to be very unlucky to be hit and suffer a serious injury.

What I don’t have time for though, is people that don’t shout fore and give others the opportunity to shield their eyes / head. I think that makes a big difference to likelihood of damage.

I hope the bruising subsides quickly FairwayDodger

Did you get a signed glove?
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Did you get a signed glove?
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Been hit 4 times. Once in the back, which was a glancing blow from a PP who shanked it. Next one just above the eye, which knocked me out and got me an overnight stay in Strathclyde General. Next one in the nuts, which brought up breakfast. The last one on the side of the jaw/cheek that brought on lots of blood and a ride in the air ambulance - the ride was ably assisted with morphine, wow!
    Give it big humpties

Got hit on the ear a few weekends ago on an Away Weekend. It was lucky that the soft upper part of the ear took the blow, shudder to think what might have happened if it had been a few inches forward on the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Been hit 4 times. Once in the back, which was a glancing blow from a PP who shanked it. Next one just above the eye, which knocked me out and got me an overnight stay in Strathclyde General. Next one in the nuts, which brought up breakfast. The last one on the side of the jaw/cheek that brought on lots of blood and a ride in the air ambulance - the ride was ably assisted with morphine, wow!
    Were all these incidents on the same golf course? If so, tell me which one and I'll avoid it
    Handicap:

Been hit twice, same hole, different weekends, 18th tee at Whickham is adjacent to 17th Green which is a short par 3, any pulled tee shots head toward the 18th tee, bee hit twice on the head, first ball came down from a good height, fortunately it was raining and I had my brolly up, ball hit the brolly and then my head, brolly took a lot out of the speed thankfully. Second, ball bounced and just grazed me, no damage done.

Same hole I've had a few near misses, where the ball has rolled across the tee box.