Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost for words

Journeyman Pro

Re: Lost for words

Quiet mornings on a Sunday are something in my distant past, I have lived next door to a church for the past 30+ years. Having kids does change your mental attitude to quiet and late mornings.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

10.30am is the earliest I would do it, believe it is acceptable. Before then is a bit inconsiderate imo.

Challenge Tour Pro

it's interesting as to where we get our times. For me 9am any day of the week is the cut of time. B4 I am annoyed .....after this knock your lights out

Don't work weekends but once a week I'm cutting at 8 am and other days it's 8.30 .

In my farming days had plenty of 3 am starts but where possible tried to keep away from houses till at least 6 am.

Me, I can't believe the times folk believe its acceptable to have their groceries delivered...

Living at the bottom of a cul-de-sac, as I do, the main issue is the poxy reverse warning alarms...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    Me, I can't believe the times folk believe its acceptable to have their groceries delivered...

Living at the bottom of a cul-de-sac, as I do, the main issue is the poxy reverse warning alarms...
    They should be able to turn the noise off. We had a dpd driver deliver to us at work on Friday. His van gave a warning when reversing and I commented that I had not heard that for a while on a vehicle. He mentioned that he turns it off when delivering to domestics before 9am, there are still warning lights flashing though before h &s people get excitable. Nice bit of courtesy I thought.

Money List Winner

A Couple of days ago some guys out front were making a right noise, I thought it was the bloody idiots who are laying a block paving drive next door. Got up about 8.00 and realised it was the wonderful Coal merchants delivering me Coal 😁
    Only beaten by our recent stay on Lake Como, 50 yd away as the crow flies was the local church. We were woke up at 7.00 am on a Sunday morning. By the church bells. It was 44 o'clock.😳

I tend to wait until about 10.00 before doing noisy jobs like mowing. Next door, and those across the road have new babies and so try and be considerate towards them. To be fair everyone on our street is pretty respectful when it comes to noise

Have no problem with getting the petrol mower out after 9 on a Sunday.
    As I get up at 4:20 every weekday, being up early (for most) is normal at the weekends, likewise I donít complain when people are in their garden making noise at 10pm when Iím having to go to bed.

Been having some electrical works done in the street down the road for the last 2 weeks. Nothing seems to get down during the day, and everything at night including road cutting, diggers etc etc. The traffic restrictions and temporary lights remain all the time, and can only assume itís a way to boost overtime.
    Forever trying.

Journeyman Pro

8am is fine to cut your grass. Anytime after then. If people are still in bed at 8am on a Sunday they are proper lazy.

Should be on the golf course by then!