Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: US Open

Re: US Open

I doubt I would get less than 130 on that set up. With my legendary accuracy and deft touch around the greens.......

Brutal test of golf but I enjoy watching the pro's take a hiding every now and again
    spray it about a bit and can't putt 🇿🇦

Quote Originally Posted by casuk View Post
    I just can't get over how bad they are all playing in a bit of wind the lowest score is -1, tour professionals who can't play in windy conditions
    The wind is a lot stronger than expected , the fairways are hard and the rough is harder than you have ever seen , then when you add in greens that are harder and quicker than you have witnessed , plus some of the holes are significantly longer than you expect on a normal course and the horrors can be seen. It’s not a case of “can’t play in the wind”

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron View Post
    I doubt I would get less than 130 on that set up. With my legendary accuracy and deft touch around the greens.......

Brutal test of golf but I enjoy watching the pro's take a hiding every now and again
    I'm still new to this game but I just can't get over how high the scores are I just a bit of wind I can't get over how these player who regularly hit -9, first day in perfect conditions and are +5/10 today
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Journeyman Pro

I'm still new to this game but I just can't get over how high the scores are I just a bit of wind I can't get over how these player who regularly hit -9, first day in perfect conditions and are +5/10 today
    Have you played links golf? Even a straight shot down the middle can take a turn for the worse with no wind let alone this

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    The wind is a lot stronger than expected , the fairways are hard and the rough is harder than you have ever seen , then when you add in greens that are harder and quicker than you have witnessed , plus some of the holes are significantly longer than you expect on a normal course and the horrors can be seen. It’s not a case of “can’t play in the wind”
    I expected much more if I'm honest and seeing the type of golf that's been on display the past few weeks/months the only real difference I can see is the wind
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

I expected much more if I'm honest and seeing the type of golf that's been on display the past few weeks/months the only real difference I can see is the wind
    Have you not seen how thick the rough is ?

Check this out

https://twitter.com/golfmonthly/stat...322907649?s=21

Journeyman Pro

How many US open courses have you played set up like Shinecock recently ?? Another question, how many greens have you putted on that play around 13+ on the stimp.....in the wind ??

I've seen no tv footage at all from this year but I do remember 1995 with Pavin.

Head Pro

Offt that is think it doesn't look that bad either on the tv, in fact I mind Mickelson wanting a ruling about not seeing his ball in the rough

Journeyman Pro

Excellent start from Rose and hopefully Poutler can finish things off, not disappointed to see Hatton struggle.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Currently just the two players under par ( and just under par ) - with 70 plus players over par. Whilst Rory is having a mare the list of players getting beaten up is growing , and the course is going to dry up which is going to make it worse
    And your point is ?
    Barely halfway through the 1 st day and you are on a. mission, you are right ,the USGA are wrong.
    Be patient, who knows the wind may fade ,it may rain !
    I am not the only one on here whose opinion differs to yours ,it is a forum it is what we do.
    Dress it up however you like but in my opinion the featured group played some poor golf and as said earlier it makes a change to see a tough exam paper .
    IMO off course.