Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: US Open

Head Pro

Re: US Open

I didnt know that, but by doing that the only play on show was terrible
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by casuk View Post
    I must say I was disappointed with the earlier coverage just followed Rory's group and the commentary was boring to when it worked, glad the second half of coverage has commentators who are decent might see more groups too
    Agree 100% with you.
    The featured group were playing poorly.
    Just started regular coverage now and hopefully Phil may prove to be overly hasty in his criticism of the USGA course set up, who knows.

Head Pro

Yeah got it on now, I much prefer this type of coverage plus the commentators are much better,
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Grand Slam Winner Liverpoolphil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dewsweeper View Post
    Agree 100% with you.
    The featured group were playing poorly.
    Just started regular coverage now and hopefully Phil may prove to be overly hasty in his criticism of the USGA course set up, who knows.
    Currently just the two players under par ( and just under par ) - with 70 plus players over par. Whilst Rory is having a mare the list of players getting beaten up is growing , and the course is going to dry up which is going to make it worse
    "It's called golf because all the other four letter words were already taken"

Head Pro

I'd love to see these players play in some of the s**tholes iv played and see how they get on as the scores today are terrible with just a bit of wind that I play in all the time, Im sure some on here could give them a run for there money

Not sure what they are saying over there in the commentary, but over here they are saying that this is not the normal wind direction for this place. So like with the Links courses back home, they got designed with the normal wind in mind, so when it flips the other way the course can become unplayable very quickly.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 9.5* (set to 8.5) Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff shaft.............Taylormade R15 TP 3 wood Speeder 757 Tour Spec Stiff shaft.............Mizuno MP18-MMC Fli Hi 19* KBS C-Taper lite Stiff............Mizuno MP15 4-PW Stiff KBS C-taper Tour 120...............MP-T4 50* & 58* TTDG Wedge Flex..............Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 Notchback..................Handicap index 3.2............Member @ http://stoneycreekgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by casuk View Post
    I'd love to see these players play in some of the s**tholes iv played and see how they get on as the scores today are terrible with just a bit of wind that I play in all the time, Im sure some on here could give them a run for there money
    in amongst some of the junk posted on here, this is up there with the best of them lol, very few on here would break 100 round here let alone be competing
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Head Pro

That's just a moddy rant I actually don't really believe that 😀

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by fundy View Post
    in amongst some of the junk posted on here, this is up there with the best of them lol, very few on here would break 100 round here let alone be competing
    110 at least... It's mental

Head Pro

I just can't get over how bad they are all playing in a bit of wind the lowest score is -1, tour professionals who can't play in windy conditions