Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Q-School Graduate
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    whitley bay
    Posts
    814

    Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    A few of us planning a 3 or 4 day trip in September.

    What's the most cost effective of doing this, booking a package with a specialist golf holiday company, or booking everything separately?

    If it's best to use a specialist company, who is good and who is bad?

    Recommendations on where to stay and where to play also welcome.

  2. #2
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Gallardos
    Posts
    10,492

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    Take a provisional liver for when you lose your first one.
    Give it big humpties

  3. #3
    Q-School Graduate
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    whitley bay
    Posts
    814

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Take a provisional liver for when you lose your first one.
    am just back from a 4 day rugby trip to Lloret De Mar, if i can survive that, I can survive anything!

  4. #4
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,199

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    Used Golfbreaks for the last 8 years. Excellent to deal with, and easy to sort. Usually book the golf, accomodation and Portugal transfers with them, and flights directly with the airline.

  5. #5
    Challenge Tour Pro Coffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    609

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    A bit out of the way if you are staying in Vilamoura area but Palmares was the best course we played when there. It is a Robert Trent Jones course and has 3 loops of 9. One Parkland, one Heathland and one links. The first two are spectacular.

    It was also one of the best value courses. We paid 140 euro for two people with a buggy in March.
    H/C: 9.8 - Clandeboye Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland - Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Subzero. - 3 wood: Callaway XR16 - Hybrids: TM M1 2017 3 - TM RBZ Stage2 4. - Irons: Ping Ie1 5-PWWedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. - Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

  6. #6
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    1,730

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    Quote Originally Posted by rudebhoy View Post
    A few of us planning a 3 or 4 day trip in September.

    What's the most cost effective of doing this, booking a package with a specialist golf holiday company, or booking everything separately?

    If it's best to use a specialist company, who is good and who is bad?

    Recommendations on where to stay and where to play also welcome.
    Few mates have just come back, they use golfbreaks or a similar company for golf, accomodation and transfers and then flights seperately.

    They looked at sneaking an extra round in whilst there and found the prices have increased a fair bit since previous years.
    TaylorMade M2 Driver
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Putter

    Handicap 26

  7. #7
    Q-School Graduate
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    whitley bay
    Posts
    814

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy77 View Post
    Few mates have just come back, they use golfbreaks or a similar company for golf, accomodation and transfers and then flights seperately.

    They looked at sneaking an extra round in whilst there and found the prices have increased a fair bit since previous years.
    yes, looks expensive, the cheapest course I could see was over 50 euro, decent ones start around 80 euro.

  8. #8
    Tour Winner Crazyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    3,211

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    Makes me laugh. A poor country fleecing the golf players from other countries. I think it's a rip off so don't bother. Much better value over here!!!!
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy or some other one that wrecks my score.
    Balls - Nike PD Soft. Until I've lost them all.

  9. #9
    Ryder Cup Winner drive4show's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poole, Dorset
    Posts
    10,759

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    Makes me laugh. A poor country fleecing the golf players from other countries. I think it's a rip off so don't bother. Much better value over here!!!!
    You think so? A top quality course over here will cost you anywhere from 100 to 300.

  10. #10
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    190

    Re: Algarve golf holiday tips needed

    Played the Old Course Vilamoura and Quinta Do Lago South (amongst others) last year and both are fantastic. The Old Course is an absolute must. Playing Monte Rei this year, and have heard it's unreal.

    If you base yourself near the marina in Vilamoura for accommodation you can't go wrong really. Love it over there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News