Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: How Much! Odyssey Putter

Sure he was using a Toulon Garage putter last year, get one of these babies configured and then check back on the cost

http://www.odysseygolf.com/toulon-garage/

Head Pro

a 3 foot putt is worth the same as 300 yard drive! Why not pay the same money!

Putting 25-36 putts per round - Driver maximum 13 times during a round. (well at my course 13 times)
    Which should you be paying more money for?
    2017 Handicap monthly progress - Apr 8.9 May 9.5 June 7.3 July 7.0 Aug 6.1 Sept 6.7

Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Yeah I must say, I've always disliked putters that look like a Star Wars battle cruiser. They might be the very best in alignment tech, but I don't want to look down at my putt and see one of those enormous things.
    It is one fugly looking putter and I think it looks more like a Romulan Warbird.

I get What Brian says about the putter costing more, my Edel putter cost fair whack but I'm not parting with it.

Plenty of big ugly putters with hefty price tags out there (some of the Cameron futura range don't suit my eyes at all). It's all about how they perform for the user and if a model suits the eye, sits well in the hands and gets the ball in the hole and I would pay a premium price if I thought a putter would perform better than the ones I have. At the moment I've not found one and having gone back to my Anser Cadence blade with a thicker grip I'm putting well

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Plenty of big ugly putters with hefty price tags out there (some of the Cameron futura range don't suit my eyes at all). It's all about how they perform for the user and if a model suits the eye, sits well in the hands and gets the ball in the hole and I would pay a premium price if I thought a putter would perform better than the ones I have. At the moment I've not found one and having gone back to my Anser Cadence blade with a thicker grip I'm putting well
    Have you given up on the YouTube channel homer? gone a bit quiet on that front. Thought you would be knocking out the content now the summer is finally here.
    Titleist 915 D3 7.5*
    Titleist 915 15*
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid ( or ping I25 3 iron)
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Vokey SM 5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Mizuno s 304 dare to dream putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--(2018)8.2...7.6...8.2....7.2..... 6.8

Journeyman Pro

The difference between paying a lot for a driver and a lot for a putter.-

The amount of lost golf balls between one club and the other.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    Have you given up on the YouTube channel homer? gone a bit quiet on that front. Thought you would be knocking out the content now the summer is finally here.
    Work is a mare and currently trying to cover two full time roles. I've got some stuff coming up once I get a chance to edit it all. We've Royal Ascot next week so the club is a no go zone really but hoping to really get a lot done the following week. Off to meet an interesting guy tomorrow for something I'm potentially doing for the online Golfhacker magazine which may make a good video piece too

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Work is a mare and currently trying to cover two full time roles. I've got some stuff coming up once I get a chance to edit it all. We've Royal Ascot next week so the club is a no go zone really but hoping to really get a lot done the following week. Off to meet an interesting guy tomorrow for something I'm potentially doing for the online Golfhacker magazine which may make a good video piece too
    Was just wondering as the linear teaser was 2 months ago. was interested to see you using that.
    Titleist 915 D3 7.5*
    Titleist 915 15*
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid ( or ping I25 3 iron)
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Vokey SM 5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Mizuno s 304 dare to dream putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--(2018)8.2...7.6...8.2....7.2..... 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    Was just wondering as the linear teaser was 2 months ago. was interested to see you using that.
    That's the next one due out. My take as I'm relatively self taught on the method (bar a one hour class two years ago with Gary Smith, which only ironed out a couple of small set up faults. Other than that he was actually impressed at how I'd interpreted it). Not a tuition video as such and more a demonstration of how to play the various shots. Been working it hard this week and very happy with how it's coming along and transferring to the course

Challenge Tour Pro mikejohnchapman's Avatar

It seems part of a general trend now regarding golf club prices.They have really jumped in the past 12-18 months and they are using their highly priced pros to push the new products.

New funcky designs and colours only mask the fact their isn't any really new innovation happening so they make them a fashion item.

Understand all the comments but if we as golfers keep buying PXG, Scotty Cameron and the like they will keep making them and keep pushing up the price until we stop.

Only got to look how much they depreciate in the second hand market to understand the true worth.
    Callaway XR16 Driver
    Titleist 915 F 3 Wood
    Ping G400 17 Deg Hybrid
    Mizuno H5 4 Iron
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50, 54 & 58 Deg Wedges
    Scotty Camerion Newport DB putter

H/c 4.5