Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How Much! Odyssey Putter

I've just seen an advert for Sergio's new putter. It is a thing of beauty to me but £329 ! Holy cow that is a lot. Do you think it contains platinum?

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf-...er-337676.html
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Re: How Much! Odyssey Putter

It looks very pretty.

People pay £400+ for a driver that they use about 40 times in a round, yet squirm at paying £300+ for a putter they’ll use 30 times in a round...

At the end of the day everyone wants to shoot lower scores. Some are willing to try and buy a better game at any price.
    Give it big humpties

I get the point about cost per use but it is just way over priced compared to their other putters. I do love how it looks though.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Tour Winner

There are more expensive models too.......

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf-...er-334881.html

Assistant Pro

I paid £20 for my putter new about 12-5 years ago. I couldn't imagine paying more for something that requires so little technology to make. I can three putt like the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    It looks very pretty.

People pay £400+ for a driver that they use about 40 times in a round, yet squirm at paying £300+ for a putter they’ll use 30 times in a round...

At the end of the day everyone wants to shoot lower scores. Some are willing to try and buy a better game at any price.
    there must be some long holes at your new course Brian

I can't comment whatsoever with my Bettinardi Queen Bee @ £300+. I loved the look of the putter and the feel.
    Driver: CALLAWAY XR 9.5° ♠ Fairway: CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 16° ♠ Hybrid: CALLAWAY XR 19°/22º ♠ Irons: MIZUNO JPX EZ Forged 5-PW ♠ Wedges: CALLAWAY MD3 52°/58° ♠ Putter: BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE #8 ♠ Ball: CALLAWAY CHROME SOFT

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TreeSeeker View Post
    I paid £20 for my putter new about 12-5 years ago. I couldn't imagine paying more for something that requires so little technology to make. I can three putt like the best.
    That's exactly my thoughts as much as I use my putter at most the length of putts is under 40ft and no need for major changes in tech year on year
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Paid 140 odd for my putter and I thought that was a lot. I justified it as it being possibly the most important club in the bag though - as said above you're hitting it 30+ times a round (often 40 times for me! ) so it makes sense to spend a bit on it. But I would never as spent as much as this one. 140-150 was probably the limit in all honesty. You can get a very good putter for that so there's no need to spend any more at all.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6

Club Champion

I really like the look of it, if I had a fitting and this produced the best results then I’d pay the money, but I do think it’s a lot of money to pay.