Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Club Champion

Re: A Couple of New Rules

I don't think it was a rule for the team, as when I challenged him initially about that not being a rule, I think he would have said "it is for us" or something along those lines. Me and my partner did concede putts, and because I couldn't be bothered to argue about it, I would just hit the ball back to them. As I said previously, I wasn't fussed about not being given putts and I don't think I'd be gaining an advantage anyway. Its just the fact that it was just adding needless time to the match, and just wanting to correct someone who was incorrect such that it may actually benefit them in the future.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ndw7 View Post
    I don't think it was a rule for the team, as when I challenged him initially about that not being a rule, I think he would have said "it is for us" or something along those lines. Me and my partner did concede putts, and because I couldn't be bothered to argue about it, I would just hit the ball back to them. As I said previously, I wasn't fussed about not being given putts and I don't think I'd be gaining an advantage anyway. Its just the fact that it was just adding needless time to the match, and just wanting to correct someone who was incorrect such that it may actually benefit them in the future.
    just say one of them had a putt for bogey and the other had a putt for birdie!
    If you conceded the bogey put so his pp can’t see the line , is he allowed under “ his rules “ to putt.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    just say one of them had a putt for bogey and the other had a putt for birdie!
    If you conceded the bogey put so his pp can’t see the line , is he allowed under “ his rules “ to putt.
    Question kind of irrelevant I think because under the rules of matchplay once conceded, a putt cannot be played to show a partner the line. Noting that a concession cannot be declined or withdrawn.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Question kind of irrelevant I think because under the rules of matchplay once conceded, a putt cannot be played to show a partner the line. Noting that a concession cannot be declined or withdrawn.
    I think clubchamp98 knows that - hence his post....which in turn was in response to the "surely" in post #8 🤔 ie If they could impose the same on their opponents then you couldn't concede the bogey putt and, unless your team had already holed out for a 4, they would be entitled to putt.
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

12.2 and moving the wrong way again...

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    how is it irelavent . If you concede his putt he can’t putt.
    But under his rules you can’t conceed his putt.
    He needed to be put straight.

Club Champion

Sorry everyone, I should have made this clear. As we play our matches during weekday evenings, in order to improve speed of play, the format is greensomes. Both players in each pair tee off, then each pair chooses their ‘best ball’ then alternate shots are played from there. So there wouldn’t even be the scenario of conceding a bogey putt to not sure the line of a birdie putt.

Apologies, I should have stated that at the start

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ndw7 View Post
    Sorry everyone, I should have made this clear. As we play our matches during weekday evenings, in order to improve speed of play, the format is greensomes. Both players in each pair tee off, then each pair chooses their ‘best ball’ then alternate shots are played from there. So there wouldn’t even be the scenario of conceding a bogey putt to not sure the line of a birdie putt.

Apologies, I should have stated that at the start
    its all in the detail!
    He is still wrong you can conceed at any time.