Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Journeyman Pro

Re: DX3 SoftSpin - anyone tried?

Quote Originally Posted by r0wly86 View Post

Although I'm sure they get lambasted on here the Dunlop DP1-V3 is a three piece ball with urethane cover that are sold at sports direct for 14 per dozen online. I've played them before and they are not bad balls at all, a little harder than the premium three piece balls but for the money very good, they get shunned because they are Dunlop. Even though Dunlop are owned by the same company that own Srixon and they often share the factories.
    Another vote for those here. I have yet to fully try them but played with one for none holes and it made me buy 2 dozen when they were on offer.

Srixon AD333 Tour is made by Dunlop (at least was the last time I read the details on a box)
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Tour Winner

The DX3 Urethane is a great ball.

Or you can just land short of the green. If the trouble off the back is bad then why risk it.

Medal Winner

[QUOTE=NorwichBanana;1852823]It can often just be the greens. Played yesterday and the greens were slow and a little fluffy, but didn't hold anything at all!

I play with some folk who have been using a Pro V1 and struggling to hold greens, low single figure golfers, so I can assure you that the ball striking isn't an issue.

Also, a ball that spins more around the greens, will equally spin more off a driver usually, so a slice becomes a big slice and so on

I never realised that a ball could affect your drives but having read the above it makes sense why when using Srixon balls ALL my drives were sliced but since changing to Titleist DT ALL my drives are straight as an arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreplay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwichBanana View Post
    It can often just be the greens. Played yesterday and the greens were slow and a little fluffy, but didn't hold anything at all!

I play with some folk who have been using a Pro V1 and struggling to hold greens, low single figure golfers, so I can assure you that the ball striking isn't an issue.

Also, a ball that spins more around the greens, will equally spin more off a driver usually, so a slice becomes a big slice and so on

I never realised that a ball could affect your drives but having read the above it makes sense why when using Srixon balls ALL my drives were sliced but since changing to Titleist DT ALL my drives are straight as an arrow.
    I'm not sure about that mate. Depends more on the model than the brand name, because all Srixon balls are not equal for a start.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12)
    • Adams XTD Ti hybrid (20)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Not tried the DX3, but I bought a box of the DX2 Soft last night as I'm playing Muirfield in the throws of Storm Hectare later and wanted a cheap ball as I'm not expecting to keep too many on the course.

Absolutely loved the feel of these things, both off the tee and around the green. Sack brand snobbery, I reckon I'll be buying a lot more of these. Must try the DX3 if they are a better version.
    2017 - 18.0>18.1<17.2>17.7<16.8<15.9<15.6>15.8
    2018 - 15.8>16.1<14.3>14.8<13.9

Journeyman Pro

I scored so so much better during the week with a DX2 than I did with the TM TP5s I was using aswell
    In the bag
    TM M2 10.5 Driver
    TM M2 3 wood
    Ping G15 5 wood
    TM Jetspeed 3 Hybrid
    TM Jetspeed 4 Hybrid
    Titliest 716 ap1 6-PW
    SM5 vokey wedges 50, 54 , 58 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 2 Ball with superstroke mid 2.0 grip

Quote Originally Posted by thesheriff View Post
    Not tried the DX3, but I bought a box of the DX2 Soft last night as I'm playing Muirfield in the throws of Storm Hectare later and wanted a cheap ball as I'm not expecting to keep too many on the course.
    I think the starter at Muirfield checks all the players balls, they won't allow you to play unless using a premium ball

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    I think the starter at Muirfield checks all the players balls, they won't allow you to play unless using a premium ball
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

12.2 and moving the wrong way again...

Sorry to bump this but I never actually made up my mind. And I've brought another one into the mix of my thinking, of course.

Am now considering the Bridgestone e6 Soft, which seems to get pretty strong reviews. Anyone used that one? I'm thinking either that or the DX3 Urethane which you guys recommended in this topic.

I don't know if the e6 is urethane or not. Clubhouse Golf says it is, most of the reviews I saw says it's surlyn though, and the Bridgestone website doesn't say one or the other.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12)
    • Adams XTD Ti hybrid (20)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8