Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

US Open Betting Tips

I quite like him as a player but what’s the love-in with GM and Tyrell Hatton. He seems to crop up so often on the tips

I’m not a betting guy so won’t be taking that or any other tip but despite his ability Hatton must have one of the weakest mental games of anyone in the top division (along with Thomas Pieters)
    I wouldn’t consider laying money out on Hatton from a field of 5 players let alone 150. Not because of ability because he clearly has that in spades (as they all do), he just doesn’t cope well with a bad or 'unlucky' shot and then often compounds it by taking it to the next hole and that is too big a risk if you're laying out cash when there are far more mentally safer players with a similar chance

If GM wanted an outside bet player with similar odds for their tip list then for me Kiradech Aphibarnrat makes far more sense

Re: US Open Betting Tips

From what I've seen in the press it's looking like the longest & straightest driver wins this week, so can't see much past DJ.

Although I might have a couple of bets on Tony Finau and Brooks defending his trophy.
    Hit a little white ball round a field into a small hole. Repeat.

Current Handicap: 12 2016 Target: Lower than 12

Slight thread hijack, sorry... anyone know if this is on terrestrial TV this week or just on Sky?

I notice that in recent weeks a lot of top players have been putting driving irons in their bags - DJ, Rory, Day, even Tiger. I suspect that it is in preparation for Shinnecock.
    If it becomes a game of fairways and greens, my money is on one of them

Ricky Fowler.....now is his time!
    Srixon Clubs. Puma Wardrobe. and a Smile on my face!

Fowler, Rose, Bryson De, Leishmann

Club Champion

I've gone down the patriotic route and backed Poults, Fleetwood and Rose all E/W.

Completely agree about Hatton, just don't think he has the mental strength to seriously contend in a major.
    Ping G20 Driver - Old Wilson Steel Shafted 3 Wood - Ping Karsten 3 & 4 Hybrids - Taylormade Aeroburner HL Irons 5-SW - Vokey 50° & 60° Wedges - Ping Sigma G Ketsch B Putter

Head Pro

Less fancied bets for me would be along the lines of Leishmann, Kuchar, Fleetwood, Grace, then as a final one maybe Phil. Been second a load of times and maybe him not taking his driver on every hole is a good thing !!

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Roops View Post
    Less fancied bets for me would be along the lines of Leishmann, Kuchar, Fleetwood, Grace, then as a final one maybe Phil. Been second a load of times and maybe him not taking his driver on every hole is a good thing !!
    I like leishmann and grace. Would have to be a top ten bet for kooch, as he is physically incapable of winning. Flletwood seems a bit off ATM...

I need to get a couple in, as I have some soon to expire freebies from the masters to use up, so keep the ideas following. Molinari perhaps? (Though I had him at the players and he was shocking)

I couldn't resist it - I've stuck a quid on Tiger to win. He's 22/1 on Sky.
    Also got Poulter each way at 100/1, and £2 on Rose to have a bogey-free round, 12/1.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams XTD Ti hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8