Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: One Plane Golf Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
    So I take it you're working on the 1 Plane Swing too, are you ?
    Yes working with John. I struggle with getting my inner arm and palm facing into my body

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by mteam View Post
    Yes working with John. I struggle with getting my inner arm and palm facing into my body
    the biggest problem with the one plane swing is this feeling of the left arm rolling down the chest or the right palm facing the ground is that it promotes internal rotation of the right shoulder.

i thought i cracked golf after my one plane lessons and after a while i just couldn't progress. imo you shouldn't be giving the arms anything to do in the ds. the arms work correctly when you pivot and turn correctly.

good luck. i hope you get better results than i did

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    the biggest problem with the one plane swing is this feeling of the left arm rolling down the chest or the right palm facing the ground is that it promotes internal rotation of the right shoulder.

i thought i cracked golf after my one plane lessons and after a while i just couldn't progress. imo you shouldn't be giving the arms anything to do in the ds. the arms work correctly when you pivot and turn correctly.

good luck. i hope you get better results than i did
    You clearly have some understanding of the 1 Plane Swing, but how qualified and experienced was the Pro that you saw ?

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
    You clearly have some understanding of the 1 Plane Swing, but how qualified and experienced was the Pro that you saw ?
    he was a one plane certified instructor. it got me from a 28 handicap to 13 in a very short time but even then i knew something wasn't right.

i also didn't like the analogy of pulling the right arm behind the shirt seam on the backswing. it made me very narrow and a picky up takeaway.

i think you can play good golf with it but you'll never be a great golfer with his teachings. too placing and steering of the club for it to work long term imo. good luck to you though. i hope it sticks

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    he was a one plane certified instructor. it got me from a 28 handicap to 13 in a very short time but even then i knew something wasn't right.

i also didn't like the analogy of pulling the right arm behind the shirt seam on the backswing. it made me very narrow and a picky up takeaway.

i think you can play good golf with it but you'll never be a great golfer with his teachings. too placing and steering of the club for it to work long term imo. good luck to you though. i hope it sticks
    Thanks very much for your detailed reply. I like the feeling of the right arm behind the shirt seem with the elbow pointing down as this creates width.

In terms of not being a great golfer is concerned, I'm sure Matt Kuchar wouldn't agree.

However I do understand that it's not for everyone, and your well wishes are appreciated 👍

Jensen looks like your inbox is full

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by mteam View Post
    Jensen looks like your inbox is full
    Apologies, inbox now clear

Tour Rookie

So I played today for the first time since my lesson, although I've also had one visit to the range.
    Thankfully today's comp was pairs bogey, so a bit of pressure off.
    Hit some really good solid shots, but as expected some bad ones. The bad ones were block/pushes left where I did not get right through the ball and exit right. I also eventually got the right sensation of pulling the club down with my left hand and pulling the grip into my body on the way down. This causes the clubhead to whip round.
    I was particularly pleased with the last 4 holes which were solid.
    It's now a case on putting the work in at the range.
    Delighted with my lesson and have faith in JJ whom
    I will be seeing again.

Tour Rookie

Error should read "blocks right "

Nice one Jensen

Do you play golf right handed? My miss is a push to the right

Well done on the last four holes