Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Amazon to show premier league

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    BT Infinity thanks for the technical advice and the family information though.
    I like to help out oldies who find all this new technology a bit much to deal with . We are actually on Sky Super Fast blah blah. The speed would be the same whether with Sky or BT, it makes no difference. The high speed cable only goes to the main box. The wires from the box, front of our estate, to each house are the old knackered ones which is where the system falls down. We need full cable, or some clever equivalent, to get full speeds in each house.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Where I am any broadband supplier using openreach is onto a loser...
    Fortunately I have Virgin available to me...

Have been a Prime user for a while...
    But, don't believe their PL 'package' is especially something to shout about...
    Unless they get Jezza [Clarkson] to present it...
    Might be worth watching for the comedic value...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Can only see this as a shot across the bows of Sky and BT. I had read the Top Gear tots ahd been a big loss to Amazon, so I suspect this is just a mopping up excersize to try and make Sky look up.
    Its easy to overlook that this package Amazon have taken was one of 2 not taken up at the main bidding stage, so I suspect the FA have sold this,and the one BT have taken off, cheap to at least get something for them.
    Last edited by Bunkermagnet; 07-Jun-2018 at 16:36.
    Forever trying.

Grand Slam Winner Liverpoolphil's Avatar

We had this discussion previously in regards golf events - I believe Amazon already have some Tennis events and Facebook being involved In Cricket- it won’t be long before golf events are bought by Amazon etc. The monopoly of Sky mainly was dented when BT got involved and now online companies are getting in on the act soon Amazon will be showing one of the majors imo

The concept of competition being to the benefit of the consumer is long gone imo. Any new broadcaster will simply add financial burden to those wishing to watch it.

I remember bt being free to previous users at one point.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

Ryder Cup Winner

I have Prime but not Sky sports so if Fulham are playing Cardiff City I just might be inclined to watch it.

Unless it clashes with Beechgrove Garden.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    The concept of competition being to the benefit of the consumer is long gone imo. Any new broadcaster will simply add financial burden to those wishing to watch it.

I remember bt being free to previous users at one point.
    Or it could mean you can pick and chose a bit more?

For example in my position I really only ever want to watch the majors as long as the ones in the US are not finishing at 3am, plus the Ryder Cup. But I ain't paying Sky's monthly subscription to do that as to me it does not represent good value.

So I don't get Sky Sports golf and don't watch any live golf anymore. But if say I could pay 20 quid to watch the Open then I'd happily do that. I know sky kind of do that through Now TV which is a good thing. But if you could pick and chose a bit more and pay a fee to watch certain tournaments then it would certainly benefit me.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Or it could mean you can pick and chose a bit more?

For example in my position I really only ever want to watch the majors as long as the ones in the US are not finishing at 3am, plus the Ryder Cup. But I ain't paying Sky's monthly subscription to do that as to me it does not represent good value.

So I don't get Sky Sports golf and don't watch any live golf anymore. But if say I could pay 20 quid to watch the Open then I'd happily do that. I know sky kind of do that through Now TV which is a good thing. But if you could pick and chose a bit more and pay a fee to watch certain tournaments then it would certainly benefit me.
    That's fine for your situation but what about for a football fan. It used to be that you could pay a Sky Sports subscription and watch Premier League and Champions League football. Now you would need Sky, BT Sport and from next year Amazon Prime. I got rid of Sky when they lost the Champions League to BT and then put up their prices for Sky Sports, effectively wanting me to pay more for less football matches. So competition isn't always good for the consumer.

Grand Slam Winner Liverpoolphil's Avatar

Soon all Sky sports subscribers will be able to watch BT sport for free and vice versa - share content i believe
    "It's called golf because all the other four letter words were already taken"

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Soon all Sky sports subscribers will be able to watch BT sport for free and vice versa - share content i believe
    Any idea when? I might even be tempted to get Sky back if that happens.