Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Amazon to show premier league

So Amazon have got the rights to show some premier league games from 2019 for 3 years. Is this in danger of being too spread out thus requiring more and more outlay to the consumer or is it going to be more widely available and maybe cheaper in the long run

Re: Amazon to show premier league

I looked up what they actually got and it's bugger all. They bought '20 games' but it's just two gameweeks of 10. So for two weeks of the season you'll be able to watch some football on Prime. That's all.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12)
    • Adams XTD Ti hybrid (20)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

To me, it will be yet more subscriptions, more money, and more faff. Bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by murphthemog View Post
    To me, it will be yet more subscriptions, more money, and more faff. Bad idea.
    That's my way of thinking Chris. It certainly won't make me go out and buy it

The grand idea of greater competition is failing as it just means more cost to the customer. The great beneficiary in all of this is the PL, not the fan.

Biggest problem for me with this is broadband speed. We have prime via work and use the passwords for the tv at home. Quite often it fails due to lack of broadband speed. Live sport is the hardest thing to get a decent picture on and it will be interesting to see if this works for us.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Ive got Prime and use it for films, never had an issue with download speed, happy its apparently free to prime customers, no extra outlay here

My wife is a prime subscriber, so in theory I am ok, but broadband in my telly room is rubbish, so live streaming is a no.

As a concept, it is flawed in so many ways, but is probably dedigned for kids streaming on mobiles, not me.

Money List Winner

I suspect more sports rights will go to the tech giants as they have the money. Have heard a few podcasts where they were talking about some golf rights going there and I know they are streaming more and more golf tournaments in the US through web sites or twitter.

Plus, over time the tech giants can offer more and more exposure as watching stuff that's streamed or downloaded on subscription through your TV or a plethora of other devices becomes the norm. I suspect Sky saw this coming in a way when they split their sports channels up so you can pick and chose a bit more now.

One possible outcome is that the broadband providers will be forced to up their game and deliver us competitive speeds to cope with this shift. We are quite poor at that in this country, I've been to remote towns in Finland that have faster broadband than you can get in this country outside of the major cities (and even then my mate moved to a suburb in Birmingham and gets 4 meg at best).
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    Ive got Prime and use it for films, never had an issue with download speed, happy its apparently free to prime customers, no extra outlay here
    Each area, each house is different. It is about the speed to your house, not necessarily what Amazon are doing. We are mostly okay but sometimes not. Live sport seems to be the toughest test. My sister gets cable and she has speeds around the 60-70mbps mark. We could be 12 on a good day, 4 on a bad one
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Each area, each house is different. It is about the speed to your house, not necessarily what Amazon are doing. We are mostly okay but sometimes not. Live sport seems to be the toughest test. My sister gets cable and she has speeds around the 60-70mbps mark. We could be 12 on a good day, 4 on a bad one
    BT Infinity thanks for the technical advice and the family information though.