Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recommendations of courses Aberdeen

Going up to play Trump Aberdeen this Sunday, going up Friday going home Monday but could squeeze in a game those 2 days and Saturday.

Any recommendations? Looked at Murcar and Cruden bay but they are not cheap ! So maybe do one of them. Which of the munis would be recommended. I like good views particularly sea views.

Thanks in advance.

Tour Winner

Re: Recommendations of courses Aberdeen

newmachar golf club is a gem. you wont be disappointed

never played either of the Council courses; Kings Links and Balnagask. Both look OK, but not what you would call beautiful scenery around them. The docks or council estate

Further out is Newburgh, back 9 is really nice and good sea views there.

Tour Rookie

Cullen or Peterhead are both sea views, both a tad outside Aberdeen. Peterhead is a really tough links experience especially in the wind.

Newmacher is excellent, inland and no see views but very much worth playing.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

I would drive up to Fraserburgh, definitely a 'hidden gem' that has been on my radar for a while. Green fees around 50-60 depending which day you want to play.

Thanks for the replies.

I saw a offer for Murcar for 70pounds yesterday and didn't book it, but its gone now! Gutted. But happy to try other courses Royal Aberdeen was recommended to me by my pro but 180 pounds per round!

I thought golf in Scotland was meant to be cheap, considering I live in Surrey where I am already paying through the nose I am quite surprised at what they are charging up there.

Hooker

I would also add Stonehaven to the list of possible courses for you to play. Plus I would back Jacko_G and drive4show chooses of Cullen, Peterhead and Fraserburgh.

Peterhead is in great condition just now played there open 2 weeks ago a gentle start then some cracking holes ,well worth the trip and not that bad as it used to be to get there. Stonehaven take a hard hat with you playing there
    www.scotscraiggolfclub.com

Hcp :- Embarrassing

I would also recommend Peterhead. Starts fairly slowly but changes spectacularly with the 8th and 9th being two of the best links holes anywhere. Well worth the money.
    spray it about a bit and can't putt 🇿🇦

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Hooker View Post
    I thought golf in Scotland was meant to be cheap, considering I live in Surrey where I am already paying through the nose I am quite surprised at what they are charging up there.
    Haha. I thought this before I started going up there for golf breaks. I think it's cheap to be a member (or guest) because it's subsidised by tourists paying a lot. On the east coast where I've been, anywhere half decent has been expensive. Not gone West yet to compare.