Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PGA/Sky 'bias'!

Re: PGA/Sky 'bias'!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo21 View Post
    I think the new Tiger is about to emerge in Niemann...........hopefully.
    More like a Sloth than a Tiger...some of his play was excruciatingly slow....5 or 6 minutes to decide between 7 or 8 iron for his approach at the last!!! In that time I'd have topped a hybrid, wedged in, 3 putted and be ordering a round at the bar.
    Callway Epic 10.5, Ping Rapture 13*, Ping G400 14.5*, Ping G400 19* & 22* hybrids, Callaway Apex CF16 6i-AW, Callaway MD4 54* & 58* wedges, Bettinardi SS28, Chrome Soft

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by nickjdavis View Post
    More like a Sloth than a Tiger...some of his play was excruciatingly slow....5 or 6 minutes to decide between 7 or 8 iron for his approach at the last!!! In that time I'd have topped a hybrid, wedged in, 3 putted and be ordering a round at the bar.
    It's a shame that Niemann and Cantley aren't in the final group together. Poor old Jack would have nodded off on the final green by the time they eventually got there. It might be the car crash that finally persuaded them to do something about all the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjdavis View Post
    Agree and it needs to be stamped out.........but it wont. Watched some of the US kids playing at Royal Musselburgh, theyre teaching them to play slow, it's truly shocking. You only need to look at the non action of authorities after the JB Holmes debacle.

Worse still, I see players up ahead of the actual player who's turn it is play. That player ahead, sometimes they're right beside their ball, dont start their routine until the other player has played. Yet they could have worked everything out while the player further back was doing his thing. Tiger made 9 practice swings before playing one of his shots yesterday. G mac is getting slower and Jason Day is the most boring golfer to date. Just my opinion of course. The USGA R&A need an official with every group, that official needs to be able to say TIME after say 90 seconds of the player reaching their ball. 30 seconds over that and a shot penalty......problem solved. I mean whats the point in cutting down searching to 3 min if everything else gets slower.
    Practice, you only get out what you put in, but I'm having second thoughts. In my bag this week Callaway driver, 3 and 5 wood. Titleist 909 21 degree utility, Titleist 909 19 degree utility with TM Vsteel 5 wood shaft, Taylormade P790 irons DG 105 shafts, Vokey 200 series wedges 50 and 58. Odyssey works cruiser putter, Prov1x, HC 5.
    www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
    www.dunbar-golfclub.co.uk

Does anyone watch any coverage via the PGA app’? Most of the shots are shown from the outset, club selection.. the full drama of reading the green from all 4 sides etc etc, Its painful viewing! After watching last night the problem is far worse than I thought, It isn’t just the odd player..

Tour Rookie

Can you subscribe to the app and use it in the UK? Always imagined that sky would stamp on that sort of thing

Tour Rookie

Next week on the European tour is the event in Austria where every shot is on the clock...

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pendodave View Post
    Can you subscribe to the app and use it in the UK? Always imagined that sky would stamp on that sort of thing
    You can, but I only seem to get coverage of the first couple of days with a ‘coverage is not available in your region’ message on Sat/Sun... presumably because of Sky’s contract.

That is enough for me as I wouldn’t be able to watch much over the weekend anyway so coverage during the afternoon on Thurs/Fri is sufficient.

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo21 View Post
    Agree and it needs to be stamped out.........but it wont. Watched some of the US kids playing at Royal Musselburgh, theyre teaching them to play slow, it's truly shocking. You only need to look at the non action of authorities after the JB Holmes debacle.

Worse still, I see players up ahead of the actual player who's turn it is play. That player ahead, sometimes they're right beside their ball, dont start their routine until the other player has played. Yet they could have worked everything out while the player further back was doing his thing. Tiger made 9 practice swings before playing one of his shots yesterday. G mac is getting slower and Jason Day is the most boring golfer to date. Just my opinion of course. The USGA R&A need an official with every group, that official needs to be able to say TIME after say 90 seconds of the player reaching their ball. 30 seconds over that and a shot penalty......problem solved. I mean whats the point in cutting down searching to 3 min if everything else gets slower.
    The PGA Tour isn't run by the USGA or the R&A. It's run by the PGA Tour which an organisation set up by the players for the players. Nothing will be done until TV companies say enough is enough, we aren't going to show it. Then the sponsors will take their money away and the players will have to do something.

Keith what-his-name, the head of the European Tour, havs said that his obligation is to their own players, not the the game in general. They don't care what effect it has on the wider game. Until the money dries up, that is.

Patrick Cantlay is nigh on unbearable. I don't know if he has some form of OCD but he seems to pad his feet up and down repeatedly before he can take a shot. Please someone else win this tournament.