Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So you have been Custom Fitted. What next?

My son has come into some money and fancies getting custom fitted for his irons. He can see the price for the fitting from a reputable club pro but what neither of know is what happens next. They give him the sheet with all of the sizes, shafts, lofts etc, then what?

Can he give a limit, say £500, and ask whether they would fit him for last years irons that have depreciated to that level, or are you always tied to getting the latest models?

Forget the fitting price, what is the likely or average price for clubs that have been fitted? I am assuming it is different to the headline figures that you see on an AG / Clubhouse Golf website for example but how different?

Numbers would be appreciated as a guide. If anyone is embarrassed about putting a number up then please pm me, I will not repeat it on the site or quote it to your wife, husband, partner etc
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Re: So you have been Custom Fitted. What next?

Go and speak to the pro and see what he can offer

Anytime I have been fit I have gone to the pro , we have tried some irons , I have picked a set and then be fit for them

You can go to some places and get a custom fit who then give you your details and then you can order any set from those details

And the cost will be determined by the irons being picked

He wants to avoid being fitted, getting excited and then finding the bill to be £1,000. He wants an idea of whether it is feasible or whether it is something to do in a few more years. The budget is not limitless.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Head Pro

I would go to two or three AG stores - get fitted at all three - decide what he wants - then shop around for the best deal knowing his specs

Depends, not a great answer but there you go.

Depends what brand, who fits you, what model etc

For instance if you go for Mizuno and go to one of their dealers then the custom fitting is free and you will be paying the sticker price on their website.

You could speak to a club builder like Designer Golf, give Steve your budget and ask him some questions he's very good as giving honest advice. If he cannot do it he will tell you where you can.

Without knowing his handicap, club preference and budget it's a bit difficult to give you any more detail
    Golf Club - Hampton Court Palace GC Hanidcap - 8.0 In the bag - Driver: Titleist 909D3 3-Wood: Mizuno T-Zoid Irons: 2-9 Ping i3+ Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 54 and 60*Putter: Wilson Staff 8802

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    He wants to avoid being fitted, getting excited and then finding the bill to be £1,000. He wants an idea of whether it is feasible or whether it is something to do in a few more years. The budget is not limitless.
    Most of the prices you see on the AG websites and places like Clubhouse will be the ballpark figure

My recent customs fit for just irons - 3-PW was just over £1k

The best person to speak to is a pro - tell the pro his budget and the Pro can see what he can be fit for

Titleist irons sets are around 700-800
    Srixon - around £600
    TM - from 700-1000
    Callaway - the same as TM
    Wilson staff - £500-700
    Ping - £600-700
    Cobra £600 - 800
    Mizuno £600-£1000

The prices will be on the labels at the clubs shops or internet

There should be no hidden costs - just ask

Cheers folks. That was what I was looking for. It is the no hidden cost bit, no surprises. He, and I, didn't want to look like idiots after what should be a fun thing to do.

Head Pro

The only thing I would say about AG is that they have all brands - all my local pros have maybe two and they all want a £60 fitting fee

Keep an eye out at local clubs, as some have Brand Fitters come and do fitting events.

I play Srixon clubs and they have a fitting Van that travels all around the country (which is free), this includes Cleveland products. http://www.srixon.co.uk/on/demandwar...GB/Events-Find

Equally, look at which clubs your son can afford and look to get them fitted. No point going to get fitted for some Titleist's when you know well in advance you can't afford them.
    AG is a little bit hit and miss reading on here, so its not a bad idea going and having a hit in store (its free after all) and trying a range of clubs, at the end you have no need to buy.
    Srixon Clubs. Puma Wardrobe. and a Smile on my face!

If looking at Titleist clubs check out Titleist Thursdays, free fitting dates that you can book appointments for and get all the specs and then find the best price else where.

https://www.titleist.co.uk/fitting/g...ting/thursdays
    In the Bag:

Ping G 9 degree Std UST Mamiya Proforce V2 6F4
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125 (bent to 50)
    Callaway mack daddy 2 54/14s KBS tour-v 110
    Callaway mack daddy 2 58/10s KBS tour-v 110
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

Handicap - 18.2

https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/