Page 73 of 201 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Re: And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoke View Post
    I think South gate has done a good job with the players he has.
    Do you think if he starts Raahford he has actually changed his mind on who starts,its hard to believe before the Costa Rica game Rashford was starting the first game.
    What also would that tell you about South gate changing at such a late stage after one good performance.
    I think he’ll be set on his first XI by now, but will be flexible enough to change the team if plan A isn’t working.
    I don’t think he’ll start with Rashford, but I also don’t see him as competition for Sterling, Rashford for me is more central and should be given an almost free role, Sterling more an out and out winger drifting into the box.

Grand Slam Winner Liverpoolphil's Avatar

It looks like Kenny is to get a knighthood, it’s a shame that it took so long and its also an honour that’s shared with people that were involved in Hillsborough cover up. He deserves the award for everything he did after the disaster , a truely amazing man and my sporting hero - the fans that matter have long recognised the work he did and it prob means more to him than something from the establishment

Fantastic news on Kenny Dalglish being knighted, long time overdue, not just for Hillsborough but also the incredible work he and his Mrs have done for Cancer Charities.
    Either of them alone are worthy causes, the man is a legend on and off the pitch.

Pleased to see Defoe get recognised as well.

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    It looks like Kenny is to get a knighthood, it’s a shame that it took so long and its also an honour that’s shared with people that were involved in Hillsborough cover up. He deserves the award for everything he did after the disaster , a truely amazing man and my sporting hero - the fans that matter have long recognised the work he did and it prob means more to him than something from the establishment
    I don’t agree with the honor awards but if anyone deserves one it’s Dalglish, the way he dealt with the aftermath of Hillsborough was a real credit to the man.

I agree with you in the real honor for him is what the people of Liverpool think of him, not a honor that the establishment have awarded him.

Journeyman Pro

Much as I like Joshua I strongly disagree anyone getting an honour for services to a sport etc until they have retired from their profession

Quote Originally Posted by Rlburnside View Post
    I don’t agree with the honor awards but if anyone deserves one it’s Dalglish, the way he dealt with the aftermath of Hillsborough was a real credit to the man.

I agree with you in the real honor for him is what the people of Liverpool think of him, not a honor that the establishment have awarded him.
    He’s known what the people of Liverpool think of him for years and years and now the Establishment have formally recognised it.
    He’s accepted it stating he’s “humbled and gratified” we should allow him to enjoy the knighthood, he could of easily turned it down.

I don’t doubt for one minute it will change him, but I’m sure he’ll use it for good and hopefully help him do even more good than he’s doing now.

Big blow for the Liverpool transfer plans if this is true https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44425961

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Big blow for the Liverpool transfer plans if this is true https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44425961
    Dont count on anything until the transfer window is closed
    The head of the French FA was saying he was going.......
    Forever trying.

New home kit day...stripes?!
    Titleist 910 D3 RIP x-stiff
    Titleist 915F 3W Rogue x-stiff

Mizuno H4 2i DG X100
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW DG X100

Cleveland CG15 DSG 52°, 58°
    Odyssey Sabretooth 33" with VIBE

Callaway Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow/Black Footballs
    Titleist RC Cart Bag
    Under Armour Golf Shoes
    Garmin S3
    No official h/c
    PW Swing. 6i Swing. 3i Swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Piece View Post
    New home kit day...stripes?!
    Yeah I've seen that, it looks awful. Like a yellow version of Newcastle. I feel as if they've messed up the home kit on purpose so they justify bringing out a third kit as well this year.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams XTD Ti hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8