Page 97 of 120 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Re: And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    They'll walk away with the Masters Football trophy though

Not sure how they stand on FFP but this could be a good time to pick up some players from Juve. Surely they will have to unload some players from the wage bill.
    I think Higuain will be joining Sarri at Chelsea for one. Another rumour is them picking up Godin so maybe another centre back on the move. Cuadrado might be on the way out - I wonder how he feels about losing his number 7 shirt.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown7582 View Post
    This years worst kept secret..... Conte sacked.... why 4 days into pre-season? It seems like it was always going to happen but why not back in may.
    I think talks have possibly gone on with players, I'm confident if Conte had stayed at least 2 high profile players, possibly more would have wanted a move and would have triggered interest and definitely gone. However, with a new manager coming in I now think that will stem the flow of any decent players (Hazard/Willian etc) leaving, which has to be a very good thing for us.

There will be some movements now at the Bridge, some deadwood shifted and like when all new managers who arrive, they will have a few followers come with them, along with a shopping list which would have been agreed already in principle, in relation to taking the job, if the prices are right for those players though.

Its going to be interesting to watch what happens now and see a new upbeat Chelsea as Conte lost the dressing room towards the end I felt and his choices in the last few matches were very questionable.

The futures Blue

Grand Slam Winner Liverpoolphil's Avatar

Going to cost more money to get rid of another manager and then more compensation to pay off another club

Not sure if it’s going to keep players at the club due to the club not having CL - still think Willian is looking to leave and Hazard got to be in the mix to replace Ronaldo at Madrid

It’s going to be hard to get continuity at a club that sacks managers every 2 years - also not sure what players will arrive as well as a manager who I don’t think has actually won anything - can see him lasting 6 months ?

Seems like we are in the process of buying Shaqiri for about £13mil - I guess to bolster the strength in depth - the normal sources say they is going to be one more marquee signing arriving possibly still Fekir plus another youngster

It seems also Ward is going to be given a go at being the number GK - he was superb for Huddersfield will be interesting to see if he can step up

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Seems like we are in the process of buying Shaqiri for about £13mil - I guess to bolster the strength in depth - the normal sources say they is going to be one more marquee signing arriving possibly still Fekir plus another youngster

It seems also Ward is going to be given a go at being the number GK - he was superb for Huddersfield will be interesting to see if he can step up
    I saw reports this morning that Klopp wasn't planning on getting in another keeper. Are you happy with that? What about Shaquiri? For £13 million I suppose that it isn't too much of a gamble but with Fekir possibly coming and already having Keita I'm not sure why you'd need him, as you seem to have a decent enough midfield and attack. Would that money have been better spent on a goalkeeper or defender (obviously not for £13 million but put towards the cost of a top class player in those positions)?

Can't believe Klopp isn't buying a new keeper. There were reports yesterday that Liverpool had made a £58m bid for Alisson Becker so I'm not entirely convinced that they're going to stick with what they've got. If they're going to make a serious challenge for the title - Karius, Mignolet and Ward aren't going to cut it.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    I saw reports this morning that Klopp wasn't planning on getting in another keeper. Are you happy with that? What about Shaquiri? For £13 million I suppose that it isn't too much of a gamble but with Fekir possibly coming and already having Keita I'm not sure why you'd need him, as you seem to have a decent enough midfield and attack. Would that money have been better spent on a goalkeeper or defender (obviously not for £13 million but put towards the cost of a top class player in those positions)?
    Not sure about the keeper - I think Ward does deserve his chance and with Karius as back up at the moment it’s a risk - I think Klopp just never wants to spend over the odds for a player and he never wants to settle for a second choice. I would have loved Oblak - I think he is the real deal keeper out there but it’s a lot of money

Shaqiri is a cheap squad player who will fill in for a number of roles - we struggled towards the end with a lack of depth and he adds that

That gives us a lot of options and depth for a big season

At the back the one area we are not sure about is a left back behind Robertson , but I think Klopp is happy with the back line and when VVD arrived it improved massively to the point I think going by the stats it was the best in the Prem from when VVD

The goalkeeper is the risk - Ward has a massive chance to step into it , any time he has gone on loan the reports have been nothing but superb for him - this is the season for him to be the number one keeper for both club and country - his potential has been talked about for years - time to show it

Ward?? Who the hell is Ward? Surely you'll be going out and buying a top keeper if you want to compete for the league?

I also don't think Shaqiri is good enough for the level Liverpool are at. Maybe as a back-up but surely he wouldn't be happy with that himself? He's one of those players who's only good one in three games and anonymous in the other two. Could see him being a better fit at West Ham, if they hadn't already bought a hundred players.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Callaway Big Bertha 3 iron
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Bridgestone e6 Soft
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24.0 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6 19.8

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    Can't believe Klopp isn't buying a new keeper. There were reports yesterday that Liverpool had made a £58m bid for Alisson Becker so I'm not entirely convinced that they're going to stick with what they've got. If they're going to make a serious challenge for the title - Karius, Mignolet and Ward aren't going to cut it.
    Which reports are they because all the reports I have seen for the last week is no keeper and Ward being given a chance to be number one - Mignolet is leaving and suspect Karius will be given time to get over what happened

As for Ward - no one knows fully if he can “cut it “ or not until he is given the chance

Which reports are they because all the reports I have seen for the last week is no keeper and Ward being given a chance to be number one - Mignolet is leaving and suspect Karius will be given time to get over what happened

As for Ward - no one knows fully if he can “cut it “ or not until he is given the chance
    Gazzetta dello Sport were reporting that yesterday, how true it is I don't know.

I can't see Ward or Karius being good enough options for a team that are wanting to challenge for the title. They need a world class keeper if they're going compete - not convinced Ward or Karius are that.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC