Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Laura Davis to play in a Senior Event

So she beat almost 25% of the men.......cant complain at that
    Forever trying.

It's disappointing that there was no publicity about this. Had it not been for this thread I would not have heard about it at all and there has been nothing about how she did apart from here either.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Following on from Laura Davies we now have Brittany Lincicome playing on a sponsors exemption in the PGA Tour event Barbasol Championship in July. It runs at the same time as the Open Championship so it will be interesting to see how much publicity it generates.
    Ping SF Tech Driver 10.5 deg
    Ping i 3 Wood 14.5 deg
    Ping i Hybrid 19 deg
    Ping i Irons (4-PW)
    Ping Glide Wedge 50 deg
    Ping Glide Wedge 54 deg
    Ping Glide Wedge 60 deg
    Ping Scottsdale Anser2 Putter
    Balls: ProV1X (or Srixon AD333 over water).
    Handicap 8.1

Journeyman Pro

When do men get to play in ladies comps ?

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    When do men get to play in ladies comps ?
    Why would they want to?
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Tour Winner

I notice the bloke who finisished one place above her got €1900 and the one who finished one place under got €1800, but she got zip ...
    Handicap Challenge - 19.3 (29 May)
    The uglier a man’s legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsman View Post
    I notice the bloke who finisished one place above her got €1900 and the one who finished one place under got €1800, but she got zip ...
    Probably treated the same as an amateur would be as she’s not affiliated to the tour she played on.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

Not a bad result for Laura. How much longer was the course compared to a standard layout on the LET? It proves she can still be competitive and given she's struggled with the putter in the last few years I would think she'll be pretty happy. Given the poor first round it was a good comeback

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    How much longer was the course compared to a standard layout on the LET?
    According to the official scorecards 6590 yards, not that much in it, maybe 300 yards longer than the average of the LET courses I looked up, but it is hard to say, because tee positions do vary daily and especially in the ladies tournaments they tend to shorten the course on the Sunday (especially the par 5s) to encourage a more aggressive play and more eagle opportunities. So I don't know if just comparing the course length given in the course description on the tournament site really gives the full picture here.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25° Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    According to the official scorecards 6590 yards, not that much in it, maybe 300 yards longer than the average of the LET courses I looked up, but it is hard to say, because tee positions do vary daily and especially in the ladies tournaments they tend to shorten the course on the Sunday (especially the par 5s) to encourage a more aggressive play and more eagle opportunities. So I don't know if just comparing the course length given in the course description on the tournament site really gives the full picture here.
    Thanks for that. Assuming, for the sake of argument the course is about the same length, and given her 2018 form which isn't great http://www.lauradaviesgolf.com/page_3150130.html then you have to say it is a creditable performance. I wonder if Lincicome will fare as well on a PGA event which probably be off a longer course and even though the Open is on, I'd say a stronger field