Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Tour Winner Dan2501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,164

    Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies



    Latest video from Crossfield on Shaft Flex and the difference in performance between an X-Stiff HZRDUS shaft and a shorter Aldila Ladies shaft. The results are very interesting to say the least - what do you reckon?
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

    Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

    Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

    Handicap: 12

    Lancaster GC

  2. #2
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    I've just watched the first 5 minutes to make a reply then I'll go watch the rest, but here's a true story.

    My hybrids had/have R in one and S in another, I couldn't hit them well at all, couple weeks back I decided to change them round as they are both Titleist, I've hardly hit a bad shot with either since...strange but true.

  3. #3
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    glasgow
    Posts
    336

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    That was a really interesting video and I have personally been sucked it to that side of the equipment, I currently use the 65g yellow stiff (stock) in my king f7 and was thinking of changing it for no reason whatsoever I'm not going to bother now
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

  4. #4
    Money List Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    7,128

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    Enjoyed that, cheers for posting

  5. #5
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    432

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    I can't face ploughing through 21 mins of Crossfield wittering on. I tried jumping through looking for the meat, but to no avail.

    Can anyone point me to the appropriate timings within the video where something of import actually gets said?

    Or failing that, just summarise his findings?

  6. #6
    Tour Winner Dan2501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,164

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    Quote Originally Posted by cliveb View Post
    I can't face ploughing through 21 mins of Crossfield wittering on. I tried jumping through looking for the meat, but to no avail.

    Can anyone point me to the appropriate timings within the video where something of import actually gets said?

    Or failing that, just summarise his findings?
    The results were:

    - Very little difference in performance between the two
    - The ladies shaft launched lower, spun 200rpm more, and despite being shorter in length went a very similar distance
    - They established that Dan's pre-conceived ideas around shaft-flex influenced his impact conditions - for example without thinking about it he consciously hit down on the ladies driver by a degree or two whereas the AOA with the HZRDUS was fairly neutral.

    The summary was that the difference in shafts are purely feel based. Crossfield has done this test with a number of professional golfers and got the same result every single time.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

    Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

    Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

    Handicap: 12

    Lancaster GC

  7. #7
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    13,913

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    The results were:

    - Very little difference in performance between the two
    - The ladies shaft launched lower, spun 200rpm more, and despite being shorter in length went a very similar distance
    - They established that Dan's pre-conceived ideas around shaft-flex influenced his impact conditions - for example without thinking about it he consciously hit down on the ladies driver by a degree or two whereas the AOA with the HZRDUS was fairly neutral.

    The summary was that the difference in shafts are purely feel based. Crossfield has done this test with a number of professional golfers and got the same result every single time.
    TBH i didn't watch it Crossfield is a bit too annoying, but i see where you are coming from on this, but guys with good swings a great tempo can hit anything.
    The pro that used to be at My club Robin Fyfe, he was a fantastic player, played with Seve and in the open a few times. He could play with anything. his swing was soo good he could adapt his tempo. Watched him it a ladies hybrid one day as thats what he had lying around... 240 every time.

    Might be more interesting if they had a chomper hitting different shaft?

  8. #8
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,107

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    He's did a similar video a few years ago with Buzza I think, kind of showing they make very little difference. Then again over the years he's always said shafts make a minimal difference and there are much more important things to get right for 99% of golfers.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

  9. #9
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,107

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    TBH i didn't watch it Crossfield is a bit too annoying, but i see where you are coming from on this, but guys with good swings a great tempo can hit anything.
    The pro that used to be at My club Robin Fyfe, he was a fantastic player, played with Seve and in the open a few times. He could play with anything. his swing was soo good he could adapt his tempo. Watched him it a ladies hybrid one day as thats what he had lying around... 240 every time.

    Might be more interesting if they had a chomper hitting different shaft?
    I suspect that as long as they were not playing a XXX stiff when they were more suited to a seniors flex, would the fact that they would be hitting it all over the club face completely override any impact the shaft was having?
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

  10. #10
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Crossfield Shaft Test - X Stiff vs Ladies

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    I suspect that as long as they were not playing a XXX stiff when they were more suited to a seniors flex, would the fact that they would be hitting it all over the club face completely override any impact the shaft was having?
    I was thinking that too. The bigger the chopper, the more terrible contact and 'interesting' face to path and AOA will effect the outcome. There'll always be some that are convinced that the stick matters most though...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News