Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant Pro

I Need a mobile phone

Believe it or not, I have never owned a mobile phone, instead, my employer has provided one that I have used for business and personal usage.
    Yesterday I was told that my position is at risk of redundancy, so I guess that I need to start looking into getting my own phone.

I've always had iPhones from work (currently using iPhone 7) and would prefer to stick with an iPhone rather than switch to Android.
    I'm not too bothered about having the latest and greatest phone model.

I don't make or receive that many calls - probably no more than a dozen quick calls per week.
    I don't text that much either.
    What I do use though is data (internet & apps), but I don't know how much data I typically use (maybe my employer will be able to advise).

So, I'm looking for recommendations for which network to go with and where to get the best deal from.

I do have an old iPhone 5 that work have probably forgotten about and I may be able to hang onto, although in good condition, it does struggle with modern apps.
    So may consider a sim only deal and get the handset unlocked (currently on Vodafone).

Cheers
    Last edited by GaryK; 16-May-2018 at 20:32.

Ryder Cup Winner

Re: I Need a mobile phone

As to network I've been on voda, o2 and 3 and none better than the other

Ryder Cup Winner

Phone wise, basic iPhone go SE II or go Android on Huawei P20

Try Tesco or Sky mobile.

What other devices do you have?
    Playing at Cambridge Lakes, practising my short game with my V-Easy and my Ping Zing Redwood (Putter for life)

Chandlers Ford Golf Academy Club Champion (Scratch) 2012, Inactive Handicap: 12

Three Goals Method- My Game plan

Mobiles.co.uk are an arm of car phone warehouse, but are a lot cheaper. Bought my S9+ from them.

Tour Rookie

Up here and in the Essex area, Vodafone are generally the best for network coverage. The others have always seemed a bit hit and miss, same as when we are on holiday.

I recently bought an iphone and got a big data deal of 40GB for 30.00(less 15% if any of your family also has Vodafone and add it to their bill btw iirc)

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bund...im-only-deals/

Not the cheapest but best coverage and as wife/son have found out on other networks, no point in having data if you cant use it

If you stream 40GB is not masses.

Q-School Graduate

I've been with Vodafone for years, first through work, and then on a personal contract, and never had a problem. Currently SIM only, got a cracking deal, 17 a month for 16gb of data with free Spotify chucked in.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by rudebhoy View Post
    I've been with Vodafone for years, first through work, and then on a personal contract, and never had a problem. Currently SIM only, got a cracking deal, 17 a month for 16gb of data with free Spotify chucked in.
    forgot to mention, they have however been voted the worst mobile provider for the last 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by rudebhoy View Post
    forgot to mention, they have however been voted the worst mobile provider for the last 7 years!
    Have to second this. I've been on all networks bar O2, and the worst for coverage (Midlands) and service by far is Vodaphone!