Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: What are you up to...........

In club bar now. Got European tour on outside tele and a chip, cheese cob on the way.

Played in the roll up (badly) and got back about five to 12 and most of the ladies section and female bar/kitchen staff were glued to the telly. No chance of anything else being shown so we all adjourned outside in the sun. Couldn't believe how many helicopters you could see in the air over Windsor so assuming they were TV and police. Must have been at least six or seven at one time

Money List Winner

Off to the national arboretum in half an hour with the Royal British Legion. Away from the " reflective" mood of the place. It will be a good laugh with the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Off to the national arboretum in half an hour with the Royal British Legion. Away from the " reflective" mood of the place. It will be a good laugh with the lads.
    Good on yer Tashy!

Hope you have a fantastic day with the guys.
    Give it big humpties

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Good on yer Tashy!

Hope you have a fantastic day with the guys.
    It was a stonker me man. Got talking to our branch president who is 84, he was 18 and served in Korea 😳.
    The stories he was telling me was fantastic. Told me how he knocked out a yank in a bar in Hong Kong who was disrecptful to his uniform ( in a Worcester regiment with bulls on the lapels). He turned round and there was another 20 yanks in the bar. The biggest walked over and just as Lenny is about to start swinging this great big Yank held out his hand and shook Lennys. Said " if you had not hit him, one of us would have". Lenny said this Yank was his best friend and has sent him Xmas cards every year since til he died two yrs ago. The Yank gave him a silver ring with a black stone on it and US Army engraved on it. Last Year Lenny has double glazing installed by Everest and the ring went missing. He was and still is devastated.
    It is an excellent place to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    It was a stonker me man. Got talking to our branch president who is 84, he was 18 and served in Korea 😳.
    The stories he was telling me was fantastic. Told me how he knocked out a yank in a bar in Hong Kong who was disrecptful to his uniform ( in a Worcester regiment with bulls on the lapels). He turned round and there was another 20 yanks in the bar. The biggest walked over and just as Lenny is about to start swinging this great big Yank held out his hand and shook Lennys. Said " if you had not hit him, one of us would have". Lenny said this Yank was his best friend and has sent him Xmas cards every year since til he died two yrs ago. The Yank gave him a silver ring with a black stone on it and US Army engraved on it. Last Year Lenny has double glazing installed by Everest and the ring went missing. He was and still is devastated.
    It is an excellent place to visit.
    My brother is sadly on the wall and I was fortunate enough to be succesful in getting 2 tickets to the official opening by the Queen, took my dad and he was hearbroken and proud to see his son’s name.
    One of those times you wish you’d never experienced but will never forget.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    My brother is sadly on the wall and I was fortunate enough to be succesful in getting 2 tickets to the official opening by the Queen, took my dad and he was hearbroken and proud to see his son’s name.
    One of those times you wish you’d never experienced but will never forget.
    Bro in law who is chairman of the local branch, always has a walk to his Bessie pal on the wall ( Leon Bush ). Had an amble down today to find his tree and had a few minutes there.
    One of the guys was telling me that Lenny went from a Worcester regiment into the Paras. He went to Hardwick Hall ( which is near Mansfield) last week for a Para reunion with one of the other Paras. Apparantly the Paras were based there during WW2. Anyway he met two of his ex Para mates who he has not seen for over 50 yrs. said the 3 of them got very emotional.