Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Club distances

Re: Club distances

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Woods View Post
    Search golf monthly forum meet into you tube and you will see why this bunch of fat, overweight, unfit and botched swing formers believe that no-one who isn't on tour can hit a driver past 200yards...
    Please don't mock this troll, after all he claims to be American which means he could have voted Trump, enough said ?
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    There you go again, bringing facts into forum discussions!

A good chart (obviously) and for many it's a useful chart to see whether they are struggling to retain a constant rhythm through the bag - let alone hitting the middle of the club face!

I'm pretty much bang on the 100 column when I'm swinging well - and should probably be wearing a skirt when I'm a little off on the timing 🤔
    Sorry

its a good chart though isn't it?

my distances are spot on for my CHS for irons though i do have slightly weaker lofts on my irons that q here. Driver i'm slightly down on carry, but around my home track less of an issue as i get some good roll out
    Last edited by patricks148; 17-May-2018 at 10:34.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Woods View Post
    Search golf monthly forum meet into you tube and you will see why this bunch of fat, overweight, unfit and botched swing formers believe that no-one who isn't on tour can hit a driver past 200yards...

haha....better watch, they'll be taking major offence to that, ban coming your way.

Medal Winner

These are the distances I play to on the course. Depending on the lie, weather, etc.

Driver 280-290
    3 wood 250-260
    2 iron 230-240
    4 iron 200
    5 iron 190
    6 iron 180
    7 iron 170
    8 iron 160
    9 iron 150
    Pw 140
    52 125
    56 110
    60 90

If I had to guess I start with these.

Driver 230-250
    3 wood 215
    2 hyb 200
    4 iron 175
    5 iron 165
    6 iron 155
    7 iron 145
    8 iron 135
    9 iron 125
    Pw 115
    52 95
    56 85
    60 65

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    Sorry

its a good chart though isn't it?

my distances are spot on for my CHS for irons though i do have slightly weaker lofts on my irons that q here. Driver i'm slightly down on carry, but around my home track less of an issue as i get some good roll out
    I have quite a few sets of irons with significantly different lofts - but I really dont notice a significant difference in carry from them. That said most are smaller head versions rather than out and out distance heads (that's my excuse anyhow!).
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

12.2 and moving the wrong way again...

Medal Winner

First round today using Shot Scope. Really interesting to see my averages from the round (a tiny, tiny sample size), but, what is evident is that I'm embarrassingly bad with a driver or 3 wood in my hands.

For example, averaged 105 with a 52 wedge, and averaged 197 with a 4 iron. One of those 4 iron shots was uphill and into wind so reckon I'm pushing 200 with it.

However, my driver average, 211... Average with my 3 wood is even more hilarious, only 180 from today's round. I knew comparatively my driving (and 3 wood) was bad, but find it shocking how even the one I thought I hit okay only went 222. Admittedly, if I'm not hitting fairways I'm never going to get any run but it's still far too short.

Decided to book a lesson to sort out my driver and 3 wood as it's got beyond a joke now. Feel confident with any iron or hybrid in my hand. Even when I borrowed a friend's bladed 2 iron I was hitting that pure. Genuinely stand over the ball with both and no idea what I'm doing which is probably the biggest issue. Give me a 4 iron and I feel like I can swing the club in a controlled, powerful way. Driver? Nah, I'm pretty much just making sure I hit the ball.

Most ridiculous shot of the day has to be the 248 yard hybrid I hit into one of the par 5s. Still no idea what happened, other than it came off the face like an absolute rocket and must have took the biggest bounce ever seen on the downslope to get even near to that number. Nearly took out the group stood on the green, but not in a million miles did I think I was reaching.

Assistant Pro

I had a hybrid shot like yours on Tuesday 198 to front of green up a very steep hill (18th) I hit about 190 with my hybrid, I was in the ruff and I boomed the the ball left side if the green about 210 great shot to end the round
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Assistant Pro

Mine are all over the place but current averages:

Driver-210-260
    5 wood-180-200
    3 Iron-200-210
    4 Iron-185
    5 Iron-175
    6 Iron-170
    7 Iron-160
    8 Iron-150
    9 Iron-120
    PW-130
    52 wedge-110
    58 wedge-80

Shows that I have plenty of work to do with my scoring clubs and have a few slightly redundant clubs

My 6iron swing speed is about 92mph while my driver only just over 100

Carry my 6 iron 180 to 190 depending on strike while my driver is only 230ish