Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Club distances

Re: Club distances

its always amazes me when these threads come up how many forum members play in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    its always amazes me when these threads come up how many forum members play in Colorado
    I have genuinely not seen any distances on here that i have not seen from PP's over the years. I dont understand why these are so controversial at all?

Ive seen people on here (not saying you Patrick) who are seasoned golfers yet they claim NEVER to have seen a drive hit over 300 yards.. I mean really? honestly?

Golf WRX distances on the other hand are....

Guys on there clain to hit there 7i 220 yards

Those types of figures are laughable for 99.99% of golfers, yet there are loads on WRX>
    In the bag

Variations on the below

Callaway XR16 10.5 Degree -Aldila Tour Green X-Flex
    Callaway XR16 4 wood -Speeder 565 stiff
    Srixon U45 3 iron - Stiff Miyazaki
    4-PW Srixon 545/745 Combo 4-PW - Stiff KBS Tour
    Callaway 50,56 and 60 Mackdaddy MD3 Wedges
    Putter Ė Raa Classic centre shaft

The distance I hit the ball depends on what day of the week it is. But this is what I expect on a normal day to be hitting the ball:

3W - 240
    18* utility - 225
    4i - 205
    5i - 190
    6i - 175
    7i - 165
    8i - 155
    9i - 145
    PW - 135
    50* - 110
    58* never ever hit it full

But like others have already said, it doesn't matter how far I hit the ball compared to you. What matters is that you learn to hit a reasonably consistent distance with your clubs and play to that. Do not start getting wrapped up with wanting to hit less club to try and keep up with other peoples distances. Let them stand there trying to hit 150 yard wedges that either come up short, or miss wide cause they tried to knock the skin off it. Then you can just stand there, hit a nice easy 7i into the middle.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 9.5* (set to 8.5) Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff shaft.............Taylormade R15 TP 3 wood Speeder 757 Tour Spec Stiff shaft.............Mizuno MP18-MMC Fli Hi 19* KBS C-Taper lite Stiff............Mizuno MP15 4-PW Stiff KBS C-taper Tour 120...............MP-T4 50* & 58* TTDG Wedge Flex..............Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 Notchback..................Handicap index 3.2............Member @ http://stoneycreekgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by tugglesf239 View Post
    I have genuinely not seen any distances on here that i have not seen from PP's over the years. I dont understand why these are so controversial at all?

Ive seen people on here (not saying you Patrick) who are seasoned golfers yet they claim NEVER to have seen a drive hit over 300 yards.. I mean really? honestly?

Those types of figures are laughable for 99.99% of golfers, yet there are loads on WRX>
    http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/featur...-hit-it-123891

People are always over estimating how far they hit it.
    H/C: 12.2 Clandeboye Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Subzero. 3 wood: TM SLDR Tour Hybrids: TM M1 2017 3 - TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

I could hit my 7i 160+yds if only I had newer and more forgiving clubs...or is there more than a grain of truth in that...?
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
    http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/featur...-hit-it-123891

People are always over estimating how far they hit it.
    Donít disagree one iota

However to suggest that zero members of this forum can whack a ball a country mile is naive at best.

i don't doubt some people can hit the ball a long way, but many don't and some off the averages are, From my experience, far from it. hiting a 3 wood 240 yards once isn't the average, the same as hitting the driver 300 yards, down wind, down hill and
    when the ground is frozen solid isnt the average.

CarryDistanceSwingSpeedChart-600x218.jpg

many don't hit the ball anything as far as they think they do
    have a look at this swing speed calc

Donít disagree one iota

However to suggest that zero members of this forum can whack a ball a country mile is naive at best.
    Not suggesting that at all.

there will always be people who can hit above average.

But to say that 95% of people who posted on this thread are above the average on gamegolf is a bit hard to believe.

I doubt many are even doing it on purpose. It is just how it feels. I have people comment that my drives must be nearing 300 yards but actually they aren't even close my Gamegolf says my average total is 248. Trackman says my carry is around 242. But compared to the majority of people I play with I will be past them by a decent amount. They just think that they hit it around the 240 mark when in actual fact it is a lot less.
    H/C: 12.2 Clandeboye Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Subzero. 3 wood: TM SLDR Tour Hybrids: TM M1 2017 3 - TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Donít disagree one iota

I suppose it comes down to whether or not anyone actually cares what other people believe!
    I know how far I hit it, and any forummer who Iíve played with has witnessed me doing it. Anyone I havenít played with can either believe it or not, it doesnít matter to me.

Iím not even a big hitter, some of our scratch team make me look like a right whimp. Plus, Iíve played with and witnessed some big hitters on the forum - Wookie and his 3 wood for example, or Mendie seems to be a perennial long drive winner at H4Hs.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I suppose it comes down to whether or not anyone actually cares what other people believe!
    I know how far I hit it, and any forummer who Iíve played with has witnessed me doing it. Anyone I havenít played with can either believe it or not, it doesnít matter to me.

Iím not even a big hitter, some of our scratch team make me look like a right whimp. Plus, Iíve played with and witnessed some big hitters on the forum - Wookie and his 3 wood for example, or Mendie seems to be a perennial long drive winner at H4Hs.
    From all the guys I have played with on the forum the consistent long hitter is Mendie , another who hit is true was Snelly , but one guy who is sneaky long is Sawtooth. Others around the same Handicap hit it regularly longer than me but the one thing I found I can do consistently a bit better than most is how often i ended up in the fairway - consistently find the fairway even if a good ten years behind most

As for the over question - I find the clubs go as far as I need them to get the hole finished