Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 wood distance

Head Pro

3 wood distance

I have been noticing that I hit my 3 wood further and straighter than my driver, I average 220 of the deck the the 3 and average about the same on my driver off the tee, I can get 240 with the 3 wood off the tee and max out around 242 with driver I'm just wondering why that is my 3 is 14.5 and driver is 9.0
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Blackballed

Re: 3 wood distance

240 with a 3 wood! Mighty impressive I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    240 with a 3 wood! Mighty impressive I'd say.
    Not really, specially in the summer with good roll out. Remember not everyone on here is an old duffer 😀

Henrik Stenson
    Driver - Titleist 915
    Hybrid - Titleist H2
    3 wood - Titleist 915
    Irons currently - Titleist 718 AP1's (courtesy of GM and Titleist)
    Scotty squareback

Head Pro

Is that a decent distance then with the 3 wood, iv actually hit it 277 and 273 thats been my two biggest hits, (the ball really does roll in the frost), I do have a very fast swing speed I just can't always control it
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

You are truly getting the hang of this forum malarkey .

The answer is probably that the 3 wood has a shorter shaft and you can control it better. Don't knock it, don't question it. Just leave the driver out of the bag, enjoy what you are doing and let others think about you and Henrik Stenson and the similarities between you.

I thought this was going to be a thread about how far everyone hits a 3 wood. Having seen your post, I'm out .
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

my nephew has binned the driver this year and shot +5 at the weekend just past to get him down to 9 for the first time.

Head Pro

I'm going to go up today and I might drop my driver for this round and see what the results are, I actually loose more strokes on approach and putting outside 10ft than I do with wods/hybrid

Head Pro

Do you think I should try and grip down the driver and see if that makes a diffrence, I always thought the longer shaft length would equal more distance

I can be hot and cold with the driver. It was "on" today so drives of 250-270 were not uncommon but I can be, shall we say, fairly inaccurate sometimes.
    My 3 wood is generally straighter and I'm not surprised by 230-240 off the tee with it. Downwind I can squeeze more than 250 and with bounces and rolls...at Forest Pines last year I knocked a 3 wood 276 yards.....
    I think it's quite common to hit 3 wood as far or further than a driver, mainly due to hitting the middle of the club more often
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...