PGA EuroPro Motocaddy Masters Pro-Am

As a result of MendieGK breaking his finger, I was given the opportunity to play with Neil Tappin and Joel Tadman in the PGA EuroPro Pro-Am today at Frilford Heath.

Our Pro for the day was Steve Robins who turned pro (off +5) at the start of 2017 and finished second in this event last year.

It was my first visit to Frilford Heath and it definitely won't be my last, especially only being 45 mins away! The course was in great condition and its fair to say between the four of use we explored every corner of the course!

We finished with 79 points, with 2 from 4 stableford scores counting.

Steve shot 74 (+2) having been 3 over through two.
    I shot 80 (+8) , with a double on the first and the last! Have to add that i shout 38 on the back 9, beating Steves score by 1

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would like to thank
    Golf Monthly for the opportunity!

Re: PGA EuroPro Motocaddy Masters Pro-Am

Quote Originally Posted by dan.j.g View Post
    As a result of MendieGK breaking his finger, I was given the opportunity to play with Neil Tappin and Joel Tadman in the PGA EuroPro Pro-Am today at Frilford Heath.

Our Pro for the day was Steve Robins who turned pro (off +5) at the start of 2017 and finished second in this event last year.

It was my first visit to Frilford Heath and it definitely won't be my last, especially only being 45 mins away! The course was in great condition and its fair to say between the four of use we explored every corner of the course!

We finished with 79 points, with 2 from 4 stableford scores counting.

Steve shot 74 (+2) having been 3 over through two.
    I shot 80 (+8) , with a double on the first and the last! Have to add that i shout 38 on the back 9, beating Steves score by 1

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would like to thank
    Golf Monthly for the opportunity!
    Well played sir and commiserations to MendieGK

It was a superb day wasn't it. Very professionally run, a fantastic venue and gorgeous weather.

Thanks to Cobra/Puma/GM/Arrcos for their hospitality.

Frilford is a fantastic venue. 4 courses and a great clubhouse. I imagine the members are quite happy there. The Blue course was in fantastic condition and the rough quite penal. Even in the semi it was hard to control a shot out of it. Had quite a few fliers including a cool 190 yard 7i and a 205 yard 6i. Our team didn't do so great but I was bang on handicap at 7 over. I'd love to have a crack at the red course, which from speaking to people yesterday, is better than the blue.

I'm becoming increasingly impressed with the Arccos app. The caddy function in particular came in very useful yesterday as I hit a few more 4w off the tee than I would have done previously. Surprisingly I made lots of pars (and give myself a lot more birdie chances) being more conservative off the tee.
    Last edited by Junior; 16-May-2018 at 07:57.
    H/cap 6.7,

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    It was a superb day wasn't it. Very professionally run, a fantastic venue and gorgeous weather.

Thanks to Cobra/Puma/GM/Arrcos for their hospitality.

Frilford is a fantastic venue. 4 courses and a great clubhouse. I imagine the members are quite happy there. The Blue course was in fantastic condition and the rough quite penal. Even in the semi it was hard to control a shot out of it. Had quite a few fliers including a cool 190 yard 7i and a 205 yard 6i. Our team didn't do so great but I was bang on handicap at 7 over. I'd love to have a crack at the red course, which from speaking to people yesterday, is better than the blue.

I'm becoming increasingly impressed with the Arccos app. The caddy function in particular came in very useful yesterday as I hit a few more 4w off the tee than I would have done previously. Surprisingly I made lots of pars (and give myself a lot more birdie chances) being more conservative off the tee.
    You are playing the Red course in September
    10 hcp and rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    You are playing the Red course in September
    LOL - sweet. Ive lost track of what's lined up this year!!!
    H/cap 6.7,