Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit chat

Chit chat

Do you have a favourite topic of conversation on the course, especially on those long boring 5 hour rounds?
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Assistant Pro

Re: Chit chat

I find I always talk about golf (same off course I'm obsessed) or just run of the mill chat about day to day stuff, if I'm with my friends its just slagging each other for 4 hours
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar

We talk about You Uncle Bob 😂😂😎👍👍❤️
    Driver Callaway Rogue
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    7 Wood. Callaway Big Bertha
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 52, 56, 60
    Putter. Seemore Giant
    Handicap 21.1 Whipsnade Park GC

No it will vary greatly especialy in our usual group..
    In group with strangers it wil usualy b more golf based chat

Just golf-focused banter really. Bemoaning how badly I've/we've played usually. If it's a friendly round, then taking the mick out of each other does the job.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.4

Varies wildly from "why can't I hit the ball" to "did you see that?!" and back again.
    Benross HTX driver (10.5) Titleist 913 3 Hybrid (D2) Taylormade mid rescue (22) Cleveland CG7 Irons 4-PW Cleveland 588 RTX (52,60) Titleist Vokey BV 256.10 Ping Scottsdale Shea / Nike Method Core (01w) Putters

Mainly just insults and mickey taking when with my usual group.

I asked a pro this question once, we were playing in a pro-am. He was low level, not the big tours. "s?x, all the time" was his response without even thinking. Ha ha. Perhaps being away from home playing golf all the time makes them a bit frustrated .

If new partners then I will ask about past clubs, others that I know then different courses they have played, other golf chatter. Football is always a good go to topic. I generally avoid work chat.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

You mean, you actually talk on the golf course?

hm ... the weather for sure ... the current happenings at the club ... tv sometimes or movies, depending on who I am playing with ... wildlife sightings on the course (Oh look, there's that turtle again!)... when I play with strangers it is a lot of the ususal "What do you do for a livinig?" and "Where else do you play?" etc.

But I really don't talk that much during a round. I am normally quite happy to just play when it is my turn and to look about enjoying nature the rest of the time.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra BafflerXL 3 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 25° Hybrid, Cobra King F8 irons 6 to SW, Odyssey White Hot #5

Insults, praise, insults, “yeah, nice shot”, insults, banter, women, new bar girl, insults, “good putt”, “ffs”, insults, bandits, weather, sweaty balls, beer.