Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much golf

Head Pro

Too much golf

Wondering how much golf you play per week and how your body copes/recovers, as many might know I just joined a club 2 weeks ago and since iv been trying to play almost every day I can, iv played 6 rounds in 15 days and iv been fine I played yesterday and I could really feel my body starting to struggle, I was just going to push through and play today but I'm not so sure now,
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

Re: Too much golf

I think the longest stretch I ever did was 10 days. By the end I'd had enough.
    Handicap:

Tour Rookie

Late forties and if I play 4 times in a week(on holiday), then my body, hands ache a lot and generally feel pooped!

Head Pro

I'm 39 and thought I'd be OK but my ankles and back are a bit sore, I was thinking it would go away eventually if I push through,
    Wilson staff c200 4-pw Mizuno t5 wedges 50/55/60 Cobra bio cell 3/4 hybrid Callaway XR 3 wood Cobra king f7 driver Odyssey white hot rx7

occasionally do 5 or 6 games in a row and after that really need a rest. i can get away with 3 on the trot, but try and take a rest after that if i can. I'm in my 50's

Most I've played is seven rounds in six days. By the sixth round I was bored of golf and on the 7th I was both bored and knackered. Playing tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, which will be the longest "streak" in a while.
    Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

I play as often as possible and generally carry.

Would say most I've done is probably 12 rounds in a fortnight. Was probably more mentally fatigued than physically.
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop 20in the pot.

I was on a golf trip last week and played 5 days in a row, I would have happily carried on for another couple of days. I'm 57 years old and I was walking the courses.

Grand Slam Winner Liverpoolphil's Avatar

Regularly play 6 days in a row but on plenty of occasions go up to 8/10 , my record is 14 days I think

Quiet happy play everyday

Head Pro

I think I need to get fitter if I was to attempt 3,4,5,6 days in a row