Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What is it about 4 ball golf

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbrown View Post
    I was waiting for that one!

I aint paying a fiver when it isn’t for handicap.
    Thats not a good return on my investment!
    Could be very good practise or a chance to try different things while under competition conditions without affecting your handicap.

Dismissing other formats seems a bit short sighted.

I played alternate shots last week at a GUI comp for my club last weekend. I have to say it was really enjoyable.

There was a certain pressure knowing you didn't want to put your partner in trouble and with it being stroke play only added to the pressure.

Not for the faint hearted. had first tee nerves for the first time in years.
    Titleist 915 D3 7.5*
    Titleist 915 15*
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid ( or ping I25 3 iron)
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Vokey SM 5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Mizuno s 304 dare to dream putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--(2018)8.2...7.6...8.2....7.2..... 6.8

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    There was a certain pressure knowing you didn't want to put your partner in trouble and with it being stroke play only added to the pressure.

Not for the faint hearted. had first tee nerves for the first time in years.
    This.
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 21.7 v BrianM 23.1Handicap Challenge: chellie 21.7 v GG26 24.4

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    I would have thought it would suit your game to a [ except from ] a tee, never seen you hitting 2 good shots in a row only joshin pal
    😀 D'you not remember my second to the 17th at mar hall. Put it stiff to 2 inches and sank the putt. And that's the only time I remember 😛.

Greensomes is absolute rubbish! A little like letting someone have alternate bites of your sandwich, frustrating and half the pleasure..it should be banned!

Money List Winner

we play greensome for most of our mixed competitions, apparently they used to be foursomes but the men didn't like playing from some of the places they got put in by the partners drives. Well that's what I was told!

Co0incidently I am playing mixed foursomes this afternoon in an interclub team knockout
    Ping Driver
    WS woods
    Orka irons
    Vokey wedges
    Odyssey putter

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

2018 <11.6>11.0<11.5

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Journeyman Pro

We only have 3 Saturday 4 ball comps year all with trophies attached. I just find it a bit odd that players would prefer not to play at all.

If you do not want to play in the comp you are allowed to fill the vacant slots on a Saturday morning but cannot book in advance and there were a lot of vacant slots on the day.

Our mixed is either greensomes or combined stableford and we have one comp which is 6 BB, 6 greensomes and 6 foursomes, I enjoy playing in that because it is something different.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Quote Originally Posted by HowlingGale View Post
    😀 D'you not remember my second to the 17th at mar hall. Put it stiff to 2 inches and sank the putt. And that's the only time I remember 😛.
    Aye the 17th 180 yard par 3 great 8 iron 2nd shot
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5 oooops 17.1, 15.9. 16.5 sad.

Head Pro

I have entered our first Greensomes competition to be held in a few weeks. Any tips (from those who don't hate the format)?

Playing with someone who has been a FC in a group a few times, but not a playing partner. Have never experienced this format before, but fancy having a go as I like team sports and always love Texas scramble, as much for the camaraderie and discussions about how to approach a shot as the competitive element.
    In the bag: TM M1 10.5 Driver; Callaway Rogue 3 Wood; TM M4 19 degree hybrid; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 15.6

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJay View Post
    I have entered our first Greensomes competition to be held in a few weeks. Any tips (from those who don't hate the format)?

Playing with someone who has been a FC in a group a few times, but not a playing partner. Have never experienced this format before, but fancy having a go as I like team sports and always love Texas scramble, as much for the camaraderie and discussions about how to approach a shot as the competitive element.
    All you can do is try your best, both of you will have some bad shots , so don't worry. Good way to lose PPs though .
    Nothing worse than seeing your perfect drive being put into the cabbage by your PP, so i'm told .
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5 oooops 17.1, 15.9. 16.5 sad.