Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    379

    Re: Newbie in Berkshire

    SandMartins had an active Ladies section when I was a member, and aside from Bearwood, the closest, so worth giving it a try IMO.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    54,890

    Re: Newbie in Berkshire

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    SandMartins had an active Ladies section when I was a member, and aside from Bearwood, the closest, so worth giving it a try IMO.
    The only issue I have with Sand Martin's (and HID use to work there) was the fact that you had to book times and they were very heavy on societies and it did make getting a suitable time, even at weekends difficult. A good course though and one I know they've done a lot of work on.

  3. #13
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    379

    Re: Newbie in Berkshire

    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    The only issue I have with Sand Martin's (and HID use to work there) was the fact that you had to book times and they were very heavy on societies and it did make getting a suitable time, even at weekends difficult. A good course though and one I know they've done a lot of work on.
    I understand since the new owner came in, they’ve reduced societies, I never had an issue getting a tee time on a Saturday.

  4. #14
    Major Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    15,791

    Re: Newbie in Berkshire

    Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Sunningdale ladies GC?
    I was thinking that would suit Zazas, and a posher club than Bearwood to boot.
    www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

    Handicap 11.6

    Cooden Beach Centenary Fourball Betterball champion with Smiffy.

    www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2018

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    54,890

    Re: Newbie in Berkshire

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I understand since the new owner came in, they’ve reduced societies, I never had an issue getting a tee time on a Saturday.
    That's fair enough. I know when Andrew Hall was there it was a society gold mine and a few members left as getting a suitable time was becoming a problem

  6. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Wokingham
    Posts
    4

    Re: Newbie in Berkshire

    Thanks for the advice. I have decided to join Sand Martins with their Academy Membership.....we will see what happens in a few months time. Hopefully I will be good enough for Bearwood

  7. #17
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    379

    Re: Newbie in Berkshire

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazas View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I have decided to join Sand Martins with their Academy Membership.....we will see what happens in a few months time. Hopefully I will be good enough for Bearwood
    Good luck, I hope you enjoy it like I did, always a friendly place.

  8. #18
    Major Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    15,791

    Re: Newbie in Berkshire

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazas View Post
    Hopefully I will be good enough for Bearwood
    If Slasher is I am sure you will be.
    www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

    Handicap 11.6

    Cooden Beach Centenary Fourball Betterball champion with Smiffy.

    www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News