Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffins.

Ryder Cup Winner

Re: Coffins.

Quote Originally Posted by chellie View Post
    When my Dad died we looked at cardboard coffins and they were dearer
    Strange one that re-enforced cardboard I suppose.....……. the wicker one I saw was like the old laundry baskets. [but coffin shaped of course.]

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron View Post
    Do people still want to be buried?

I’m looking to get my organs donated and then cremate me in the cheapest thing you can find. Ashes to be scattered and my kids know where they need to go
    I'm registered on the organ donate list, but i'm afraid most of mine will be knackered when i'm finished with them.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5 oooops 17.1, 15.9. 16.5 sad.

Journeyman Pro

My MIL was buried in a 'Natural' burial ground and they insist on either cardboard or wicker.

I am going down the 'body for medical practice or research route'. I reckon they could learn on a lot on working out how I have managed to keep going for so long.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Strange one that re-enforced cardboard I suppose.....……. the wicker one I saw was like the old laundry baskets. [but coffin shaped of course.]
    I know we were surprised.
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 21.7 v BrianM 23.1Handicap Challenge: chellie 21.7 v GG26 24.4

After my lymphoma diagnosis (in remission now) I can’t even give blood anymore so I doubt anyone would want any of my body parts . As for coffins I want to avoid getting into one for as long as I possibly can. Not particularly bothered what it looks like.

Urn for me. HID knows where to scatter me. Not sure any of my organs will be of any use but I'm looking into it as is the wife. Couldn't believe the cost of even traditional wooden ones when I made the arrangements for my mum and was staggered that the more environmentally friendly ones were even more expensive. The whole cost of a funeral is becoming massive. I'll make sure it's all paid for and arranged before I go. Wouldn't want to burden anyone with the cost of sending me off

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Urn for me. HID knows where to scatter me. Not sure any of my organs will be of any use but I'm looking into it as is the wife. Couldn't believe the cost of even traditional wooden ones when I made the arrangements for my mum and was staggered that the more environmentally friendly ones were even more expensive. The whole cost of a funeral is becoming massive. I'll make sure it's all paid for and arranged before I go. Wouldn't want to burden anyone with the cost of sending me off
    Martin what do you reckon your final post count will be when your is times up, and who will be your successor
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5 oooops 17.1, 15.9. 16.5 sad.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Surely you need to be in a coffin before your ashes get into an urn? And, who knows the day when they will go so better get it paid up now.
    Play it cool Trigger!

Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    Surely you need to be in a coffin before your ashes get into an urn? And, who knows the day when they will go so better get it paid up now.

Cue advert for an over 50 funeral plan, enjoy the free pen 👍
    Driver Callaway Rogue
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    7 Wood. Callaway Big Bertha
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 52, 56, 60
    Putter. Seemore Giant
    Handicap 21.2 Whipsnade Park GC

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheFragger View Post
    Cue advert for an over 50 funeral plan, enjoy the free pen 