Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay disputes

eBay disputes

Guys, I'm in need of a little advice.

My wife has got hold of a coat she's been after for ages through eBay as you can't get the particular design any more.

The seller listed it as new without tags.

Paid through PayPal.

Goods turned up today and it is clearly not new and has been extensively worn with evidence of make-up marks, pulls and scuffs to the garment.

I'll be messaging the seller tonight to advise this is not as advised and will be opening a dispute.

I've never opened a dispute.

What can I expect?

Seller does not accept returns.

Goods are clearly not as described.

What are my options/rights?

Any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated
    ... The moderator formally known as Gareth

Callaway Fusion 10.5° Driver
    Callaway Alpha 816 15° 3 Wood
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23° Hybrid
    Cleveland 588CB Forged Irons 5-W
    Cleveland RTX Wedges 52°,56°,60°
    Edel E2 Custom 35"

Current handicap: 11.0>11.1

Re: eBay disputes

Give them the chance to repay first but if they don't agree within 48 hours then open a dispute.

I would expect Paypal to repay you sharpish through the disputes system. I doubt you will have any bother in this case, don't worry.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

if the goods are not as described you will be ok regardless of the "no returns."

you might be better off raising a dispute with PayPal as well
    in my bag; all LH Callaway Epic sub zero driver with fujikura pro green x flex shaft, Epic Sub zero 3 wood with fujikura pro green x flex, Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades (3-PW) Cleveland CG15 wedges (52,56,60), Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter, Callaway Chrome soft balls

Blackballed

Contact the seller and ask for a refund. If they won't then you can open a case against them. I've had a few over the years and EBay will find in your favour . Make sure seller pays return postage too.

Thanks all so far.

Where do we stand with the seller not accepting returns?

If we open a dispute do we need to return the goods?

Apologies if it's a daft question, never had to dispute anything I've had before.
    ... The moderator formally known as Gareth

Callaway Fusion 10.5° Driver
    Callaway Alpha 816 15° 3 Wood
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23° Hybrid
    Cleveland 588CB Forged Irons 5-W
    Cleveland RTX Wedges 52°,56°,60°
    Edel E2 Custom 35"

Current handicap: 11.0>11.1

Blackballed

No returns is pretty meaningless on eBay. If the goods are not as described then they will find in your favour. Hopefully he'll just fess up and do a refund .

Journeyman Pro

You have to try and resolve it with the seller in the first instance, you can't just raise a dispute without them trying to resolve the issue first.

I've had a few disputes, mainly stuff not arriving or wrong item etc.
    If I recall, if you select Item does not match description, you will get an on screen message from eBay saying we have told the seller and await their response. It'll then say, if this has not been resolved after a given date, let us know and we'll step in. You can send photos of the problem at the very first stage, which is a good idea.
    Ebay should/will refund your money (as sellers never seem to sort it). You will also receive a returns label pre-paid to send the item back.

Challenge Tour Pro

The seller will refund immediately if he/she has any sense, otherwise ebay will do it for you in a heartbeat - regardless of what the seller says. You have nothing to worry about here - just go through the proper channels as explained.

if it where a hard to get item and you felt you wanted to keep it (clean/repair etc) you could consider a part refund as compensation. The seller may offer this so if it's something of interest you should have a figure in your head - roughly the difference between what you paid and what 2nd hand ones sell for

Journeyman Pro

Returns

Check to see if your wife has 'returns on us ' as part of her paypal A/C

Do it officially from the start remember there is only a limited time to start a return request.

Take photos of the obvious wear and tear.

Give the seller an adequate time to respond, it could be a genuine mistake.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs