Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Head Pro

Re: Blind test on golf balls ?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Interesting concept but sadly without guaranteed access to a launch monitor to show differences in spin, distance etc it'll be very stale and based solely on my opinion. At least with some viable data, I could suggest the ball was "brand A" and give an opinion and then see how it performed and show each ball versus the next
    All the reviews on your channel are just your opinion anyway are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Interesting concept but sadly without guaranteed access to a launch monitor to show differences in spin, distance etc it'll be very stale and based solely on my opinion. At least with some viable data, I could suggest the ball was "brand A" and give an opinion and then see how it performed and show each ball versus the next
    I was thinking that since robots and launch monitors don't take/record the shots for us on the course then it could simply be what the human thinks about each ball (especially given how many people say the difference is in the 'feel' anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
    All the reviews on your channel are just your opinion anyway are they not?
    Of course they are and as I say in each, without access to the data, that's all they can be. However an extended test and just my opinion or "guess" on what each ball fees like and is would be even more dull than my usual fare. I think the test has legs but in a more structured way

In all honesty if you take the equivalent ball from each of the top manufacturers we wouldn't really be able to tell much of a difference at all. I normally just buy what ever is on the best deal out of Tileist, Callaway or Bridgestone. If I was to cast any type of opinion I feel I get a bit more distance on the longer shots with a ProV1, but I much prefer the way Chrome soft feels with the putter.

But if I was being blind tested, I'm not sure I could say which is which, unless I could make my decision with my putter.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 9.5* (set to 8.5) Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff shaft.............Taylormade R15 TP 3 wood Speeder 757 Tour Spec Stiff shaft.............Mizuno MP18-MMC Fli Hi 19* KBS C-Taper lite Stiff............Mizuno MP15 4-PW Stiff KBS C-taper Tour 120...............MP-T4 50* & 58* TTDG Wedge Flex..............Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 Notchback..................Handicap index 3.2............Member @ http://stoneycreekgolf.com