Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Society card: eligibility for HC reduction

As the title suggests.... I played in a society day recently and I happened to play the best round I have ever played ó by 1 shot!ó The round was played with members from 2 other local courses and the round was played under normal competition rules, with the card being filled out and signed by my PP.

Over the last few days there has been a bit of joking etc, insinuating that the society secretary will hand the card in to my club. My question is as to whether the card Ďshouldí be handed in, or if the card is actually meaningless, from a HC point of view.

At the time, I just enjoyed the moment, with little thought to whether the card had any value for a HC reduction. As the days have past, if Iím honest I would very much like to hand the card in, in order to officially record a score that, if Iím honest, may never happen again. My club pro thinks I can hand it in. I have not had time to speak to the manager.... Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Re: Society card: eligibility for HC reduction

not 100 sure, but i don't think you will get a reduction on that card as it stands. i believe you can return the score and your club may take it into consideration for annual review.

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    not 100 sure, but i don't think you will get a reduction on that card as it stands. i believe you can return the score and your club may take it into consideration for annual review.
    Yes, thatís my understanding. Iím sure I asked this same question a few years ago. I think there is some confusion on the rumour mill, with regards to the new system and all cards counting etc.. people are jumping the gun a touch

Quote Originally Posted by kevingopher View Post
    Yes, thatís my understanding. Iím sure I asked this same question a few years ago. I think there is some confusion on the rumour mill, with regards to the new system and all cards counting etc.. people are jumping the gun a touch
    two years too early. even then its the best 8 scores from the last 20 counting is my understanding so you still might not

Journeyman Pro

Handicaps can only be altered by the submission of qualifying scores ie in comps that qualify for handicap purposes or supplementary scores, by handicap review.

As said the club could take this in to consideration for a handicap review but should not accept for handicap purposes as no CSS was calculated for the day as it was not a qualifying competition.

Club Champion

Provided it was played under the normal comp rules itís players responsibility to return the card to his home club and they will treat it as a qualifying round.

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jim8flog View Post
    As said the club could take this in to consideration for a handicap review but should not accept for handicap purposes as no CSS was calculated for the day as it was not a qualifying competition.
    SSS is sufficient in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by VVega View Post
    Provided it was played under the normal comp rules itís players responsibility to return the card to his home club and they will treat it as a qualifying round.
    Sorry but canít do that - it can be if the player is playing in HC Qualifying Comp at an away club and the results are through CDH

Right now any society card can be handed in but only to be used for possible evidence at the AR

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Sorry but canít do that - it can be if the player is playing in HC Qualifying Comp at an away club and the results are through CDH

Right now any society card can be handed in but only to be used for possible evidence at the AR
    Iím not an expert but our secretary is/should be(delete as appropriate and it was accepted as stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by VVega View Post
    Iím not an expert but our secretary is/should be(delete as appropriate and it was accepted as stated above.
    Then your secretary isnít an expert and broke the Congu rules. Only scores submitted from Congu Offiliated organisations can be used for immediate HC adjustment
    Last edited by Liverpoolphil; 07-May-2018 at 17:20.