Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar

Re: Britainís Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You need to get a life, itís an illusion, entertainment, with a nice emotive story attached, to even query that says more about you than the act!
    Like I give a crap 🤔
    OK, I don't give a damn that he thinks my comments are 'out of order', that's my opinion, which is in stark difference to his, in questioning the validity of the emotive content and basis of the act. Now that comment I found distasteful, why, because I can relate to it personally, so just just he's someone who likes to analyse these kind of acts, doesn't mean I can't question his comment against the validity of what they went through as a couple, which I'm pretty sure would be validated by the producers and hardly something they would falsify on national television only to be outed if untrue!

So, out of order, no, I don't think so, as such I don't give a damn to his complaint about my comments, is that OK for you?
    Robin itís his opinion, you donít have to agree with it, but there is no need to launch a personal attack on the guy with the ďGet a lifeĒ and ď says more about you ď comment.

In recent years talent shows seem to focus on people with a sob story , Peter Kay lampooned this back in 2008 with ďBritainís got the pop factor ...and possibly a new celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on IceĒ

I watched it last night, thought it was a bit cringeworthy, but it was clever how he made it part of the act, and obviously Iím pleased that the story has a happy ending.

How is he going to follow it up, canít rehash the same trick can he?
    Driver Callaway Rogue
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    7 Wood. Callaway Big Bertha
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 52, 56, 60
    Putter. Seemore Giant
    Handicap 21.1 Whipsnade Park GC

The only bit I saw last night. It made me want to do a bit of sick in my mouth!!! Anyone who uses their kids as props in talent shows should be automatically kicked off IMO. Iíd extend it to pets especially dogs also. Toe curling

It's a talent show and back stories should be irrelevant.
    Whilst I feel dreadfully sorry for any parent with a sick child, (and glad it's ended well), the show is 'Britain's Got Talent' and emotional back stories should not be part of the show ................... ever.
    I believe it's just to garner some support, but I'm a cynical old bugger.
    I thought it was a very poor act, too ................ but the 10yr old boy singing and the guy doing the balancing act were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Going to watch the first program tomorrow with the wife but just seen this on Facebook and itís both amazing and emotional - just brilliant

https://www.facebook.com/BritainsGot...6219916212456/
    yeah, that got me (in a positive way).

This shines a light on Britain's Got Talent though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdwjEk38Bc0
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheFragger View Post
    How is he going to follow it up, canít rehash the same trick can he?
    I heard there is word of an awful case of eggy acidosis.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    It's a talent show and back stories should be irrelevant.
    Whilst I feel dreadfully sorry for any parent with a sick child, (and glad it's ended well), the show is 'Britain's Got Talent' and emotional back stories should not be part of the show ................... ever.
    I believe it's just to garner some support, but I'm a cynical old bugger.
    I thought it was a very poor act, too ................ but the 10yr old boy singing and the guy doing the balancing act were awesome.
    Totally agree and these back stories now seem an integral part of any of these talent shows and really shows "the journey the act has been on". It's irrelevant and I want to see who can sing best (these shows really drag these back stories out) or in the case of BGT who has the best and perhaps most unique act.

Tour Rookie

IMO the act was in very bad taste. IF true - parading and using his family's misfortune to get a TV audience reaction is disgusting and just shows how far we'll stoop in the interests of 'entertainment'. We'll soon have death bed scenes designed to twang the heart string

It was a pretty standard illusion and without the emotional blackmail it would not have been remembered.

Pure Saturday night cack......but we'll sit and watch it sometimes.
    Worse than magician was the guy in the water tank, naff act based on a faked time limit he could stay under, apparently he used to be dead too, the lock 'picking' as in give the lock a poke and then the judges fake shocked reactions.....it's all too cheesy and old.
    Balancing guy was impressive, rest was pretty same old and naff, never want to hear another choir or watch a dance troupe ever. I do quite like Walliams nonsense though.
    Hopefully will get better. Maybe they should take singers out of it given ITV also have The Voice and XFactor for singers.

I don't know how anyone can watch any of those 'talent shows'...... 95% utter average.
    I'd rather my license fee was spent on people with talent like the old days.
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

We have given up watching this or X factor.
    Being on every year is too often, plus the number of non British nationals taking part turns us away.
    The sob back stories are unnecessary, just filler to take up time.
    Forever trying.