Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Grand Slam Winner Liverpoolphil's Avatar

Britainís Got Talent

Going to watch the first program tomorrow with the wife but just seen this on Facebook and itís both amazing and emotional - just brilliant

https://www.facebook.com/BritainsGot...6219916212456/
    "It's called golf because all the other four letter words were already taken"

Head Pro

Re: Britainís Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Going to watch the first program tomorrow with the wife but just seen this on Facebook and itís both amazing and emotional - just brilliant

https://www.facebook.com/BritainsGot...6219916212456/

absolutely superb
    A bag of Ping sticks Member at Knole Park, Kent.

That really did give me a great big heart warming cuddle.
    Thanks for sharing 👍🏻

Club Champion

It was a good show but I'm not overly convinced by it all. For example, he could've taken various shots of his daughter playing with various coloured crayons, he also could'e placed various different "toys" as she was sleeping. The cube and the word is a little more difficult to explain away.

Quote Originally Posted by RandG View Post
    It was a good show but I'm not overly convinced by it all. For example, he could've taken various shots of his daughter playing with various coloured crayons, he also could'e placed various different "toys" as she was sleeping. The cube and the word is a little more difficult to explain away.
    Every page could be premarked and the Sharpie has no ink, not sure about the cube.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Assistant Pro

Good shout on the sharpie.
    Despite what he said, the Penguin card WAS slight of hand.
    The red crayon was probably the only one in the box that Walliams could remove (others attached to box?)

The pattern on the cube when Amanda hands it back for guy to put in the box differs from the revealed pattern.
    Watched it back in slow motion several times and something definitely goes on with the cube.
    The key is that initially the centre orange square has 2 adjacent yellow squares along one side, when revealed, the orange centre has just 1 yellow adjacent square.

Credit to the guy, because he performed the act very well.
    Dare I question the validity of the back story, just to elevate the act by adding the emotional element.

Mrs K hates it when I always figure out the magic acts on BGT!

Having said that, "magic" is all about skill and being able to convince the audience to wonder and believe...in the moment.
    The audience do not have the luxury of replay and slow motion.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK View Post
    Good shout on the sharpie.
    Despite what he said, the Penguin card WAS slight of hand.
    The red crayon was probably the only one in the box that Walliams could remove (others attached to box?)

The pattern on the cube when Amanda hands it back for guy to put in the box differs from the revealed pattern.
    Watched it back in slow motion several times and something definitely goes on with the cube.
    The key is that initially the centre orange square has 2 adjacent yellow squares along one side, when revealed, the orange centre has just 1 yellow adjacent square.

Credit to the guy, because he performed the act very well.
    Dare I question the validity of the back story, just to elevate the act by adding the emotional element.

Mrs K hates it when I always figure out the magic acts on BGT!

Having said that, "magic" is all about skill and being able to convince the audience to wonder and believe...in the moment.
    The audience do not have the luxury of replay and slow motion.
    You need to get a life, itís an illusion, entertainment, with a nice emotive story attached, to even query that says more about you than the act!

Someone has an interest in magic/illusions and tries to analyse what went on.

Result on here is that they get someone going off on a rant. Unbelievable!

Assistant Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You need to get a life, itís an illusion, entertainment, with a nice emotive story attached, to even query that says more about you than the act!
    Did someone get out of bed the wrong side this morning?
    Your comment is way out of order!

In the posts prior to mine, the discussion was around how the "magic" worked, yet you have chosen not subject those posters to abuse.
    My post was simply a follow on from those.
    I understand that my questioning of the back story could have hit a nerve, but as I said, it elevates the illusion.

As KenL recognized, I do have an interest in magic/illusions where I enjoy well performed acts in the moment.
    What is wrong for me to then try to figure out how an act worked....especially given my interest in the genre.

If you watch magic being exposed there is always an answer to the trick,as has been said itís about trickery and illusion.
    I must admit he pulled the trick off brilliantly and executed the story brilliantly also.
    The whole show though is so staged and the judges cringeworthy at times,and how bad does Ant look.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014