Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Assistant Pro

Re: losing / finding a club

This happened to me, left my Ping SW green side only for it to be picked up and not handed in by someone following. Was quite disappointed by the lack of honesty really, never take more than one club out of my bag at a time now...lesson learned!

Journeyman Pro

Found lots over the years.
    I remember my mum telling me to treat other peopleís possessions like they were my own , always hand them in.

Best ever was in USA at LPGA found a ladies wedge on 18th so asked in the bar had anyone lost it .
    one lady said ďI have a set like them I will go and look in my carĒ
    It was hers but she had no idea she had left it.
    Very nice woman when she left she told the barman to put our lunch bill on her tab , we only found out when we were leaving so coudnt thank her.

I could not play with a stolen club but sadly some can.

Yup, found a Cleveland RTX 2.0 on the 17th near the green, the chap had obviously done something similar to you. I didnít see it and stood on it like an upturned rake and it hit me square in the nuts! Still mid stride, it further poked into my nether regions and in a fit of rage and pain I threw it into the nearby river.

Just kidding, picked it up and the guy was waiting off the back off the 18th green for it.

Karma did itís thing when I dropped my phone unknowingly in a shotgun start scramble and it was there waiting for me behind the bar when I got in.
    12.5 @ MerristWood

found loads of gear down the years. clubs can usually be returned to the owner a few holes later.

losing a nice headcover that never gets handed in is a real headache.

Quote Originally Posted by J55TTC View Post
    Yup, found a Cleveland RTX 2.0 on the 17th near the green, the chap had obviously done something similar to you. I didnít see it and stood on it like an upturned rake and it hit me square in the nuts! Still mid stride, it further poked into my nether regions and in a fit of rage and pain I threw it into the nearby river.

Just kidding, picked it up and the guy was waiting off the back off the 18th green for it.

Karma did itís thing when I dropped my phone unknowingly in a shotgun start scramble and it was there waiting for me behind the bar when I got in.
    Haha. Hopefully the lads have fully recovered!

it was a Cleveland rtx 2.0 that I lost too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pin-seeker View Post
    Iíve found a few wedges around the green & handed them in.
    Found a G20 5w head,whilst looking for my ball amongst the trees a few year back.
    Gave it a clean and got it reshafted 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Still theft!
    .................. in that case, I've stolen dozens of golf balls over the years but I'll always hand in a Molitor or a Top Flite!

Assistant Pro

Yeah, left my PW by the green a few months ago...was never handed in at my local course.

Did the same a few weeks back on the 3rd green with my gap wedge, realised at the 8th green, was only a social round so went back for it... went back through half a dozen groups, 4 hadn't seen it (even though it was left leaning against a GUR marker) and 2 had seen it butt left it... luckily it was still there when I got back to it.
    Handicap progress:Sep '17. First ever handicap. 19.Oct: 18.1. > 17.8 > 18.1. Handicap Challenge: 94Tegsi 18.1 v Fish 16.8. 94Tegsi 18.1 v Dando 15.0

even in the short time i've played, i have found quit a bit of stuff dropped of left on the course, Range finders, clubs, bag tags, head covers and hats and have handed every single one either into the pro shop or put in on or in the lost Property bin we have in the changing room.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Tour Rookie

Found a couple of clubs before and handed them in.

Once found a gold wrist bracelet on the 7th near the green in the semi rough, I wanted to put up a notice on the board due to the worth of it but Joanne just gave it to the pro shop, never did hear what happened to that.

I always put my club on the green where I will be walking off towards my bag, as learnt to run back a hole or two in the middle of the round, isn't the most enjoyed thing to do.
    DarrenW 9.2 v Jimaroid 10.0 , AdamW 13.4 v Jimaroid 10.0

Always handed everything I have found back in. Even found a battered Ping G30 driver headcover in Portugal and handed it back to the group in front. Wasn't sure if it was lost or dropped on purpose but he seemed happy to get it back.

A few of my PP's have left clubs about the place and always got them back as well. I have left one up a massive hill and had to run back and get it.. never left another since.

Absolutely hate the fear you get when you think you have lost a club and then to find the bugger hiding up a headcover.
    H/C: 14.5 Clandeboye Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Project X Hzrdus black 6.0 . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping I 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank