Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Re: The Masters 2018

More of Billy Foster on Sky please!!

This is a great video.

Last edited by Qwerty; 07-Apr-2018 at 09:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post

Seriously though mate, apart from the history I don't get the love for (some) links courses. Saying that I walked around Birkdale a few years ago while I was working nearby and that looked nice.
    I was reading the supplement in this months GM mag, "Must Play Courses of 2018". There's one in there called Princes, is it some sort of in joke? It looked like a strip of wasteland next to the sea, £105 to play that on a weekend
    Princes is £50 with the forum on Sunday 18th November and that includes a meal. Make a trip of it mate and get your name down for 3 Open Championship Courses. Royal Cinque Ports on Monday 19th and Royal St Georges on Tuesday 20th November. Dare you
    spray it about a bit and can't putt 🇿🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    Casey going out on his own.
    That's going to go one of two ways.....
    Another potential scalp for Jeff Knox then
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    TM M1 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 7

Watched the full coverage last night, don't understand why folks are knocking it, for only round 2 it was some great viewing and it is set up beautifully for 'moving day'. Going to be very interesting seeing how Reed and Leishman cope with a lead and being in last group with pressure of McIlroy/Speith/Stenson/Johnson etc quite close behind.
    Visually it has always been stunning, like playing golf in a huge country house garden. It's a very clever design and one all the players love. Scotsman Alister Mackenzie set the place up, his last design I think in 1933 a year before he died and imo it's some final legacy.
    Some list of courses he set up - interesting read about the fellow here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alister_MacKenzie

Do all majors have to be on links courses? I love the masters for what it is, a beautiful spectacle of green and brown with some flowers and water in for good measure.
    The greens certainly make the course as they refuse to grow proper rough. Where I come from, when you go in the rough, you can't see the ball until you almost stand on it. This past few weeks (Houston and now Augusta) a few of us have had a laugh and the commentators calling "that" rough. The ball is sat up like a coconut. Imagine the scores when they have to occasionally hack out just to get it back into play, the greens could then be made a little more fair and the major/course would be all the better for it. I don't want US open type rough but a little more would make sense when the trees aren't a big defence due to little low level branching.
    It'll be interesting to see how they keep the course the week before the next masters (the ladies final day), I'm fairly sure they won't be just as fast. An extra inch of rough could be the making of the place.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Quote Originally Posted by brendy View Post
    Do all majors have to be on links courses?
    As far as I'm aware, The Open is the only Major that is exclusively played on links courses.

Quote Originally Posted by brendy View Post
    Do all majors have to be on links courses? I love the masters for what it is, a beautiful spectacle of green and brown with some flowers and water in for good measure.
    The greens certainly make the course as they refuse to grow proper rough. Where I come from, when you go in the rough, you can't see the ball until you almost stand on it. This past few weeks (Houston and now Augusta) a few of us have had a laugh and the commentators calling "that" rough. The ball is sat up like a coconut. Imagine the scores when they have to occasionally hack out just to get it back into play, the greens could then be made a little more fair and the major/course would be all the better for it. I don't want US open type rough but a little more would make sense when the trees aren't a big defence due to little low level branching.
    It'll be interesting to see how they keep the course the week before the next masters (the ladies final day), I'm fairly sure they won't be just as fast. An extra inch of rough could be the making of the place.
    I wouldn't change it. There's such a premium on accurate iron play at Augusta as you must be on the correct part of the green to score, that the rough, albeit short, is sufficient to lose enough control of the ball to matter. Putting isn't so bad if you are on the right side of the flag, the guys scoring well aren't 3 putting more than normal as they're hitting approaches well, that's the challenge.

Tour Rookie

This is true and happened yesterday:

My wife’s friend who is in her early 70’s saw press red button to watch Amen Corner.

She did not know the Group were still playing music and was shocked to find Augusta!

Quote Originally Posted by 3offTheTee View Post
    This is true and happened yesterday:

My wife’s friend who is in her early 70’s saw press red button to watch Amen Corner.

She did not know the Group were still playing music and was shocked to find Augusta!
    If Paradise was half as nice.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron View Post
    Princes is £50 with the forum on Sunday 18th November and that includes a meal. Make a trip of it mate and get your name down for 3 Open Championship Courses. Royal Cinque Ports on Monday 19th and Royal St Georges on Tuesday 20th November. Dare you
    I'd love to mate but I've got a Cabby esque ban from certain meets
    2016 handicap 15-13 2017 handicap 13-12 2018 handicap 12...