Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Re: The Masters 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Langer and Couples are two players which I would never rule out in the Masters. And apart from that, having all the older players compete is one of the things that makes the Masters so special, so no matter how good or bad they play, I really would not want to miss seeing them play. Plus, as has been mentioned, even if they decide not to play, it has no influence on the other invitations, so they are not taking anything away from younger players.
    Agreed - no different to the likes of O'Meara, Daly, Hamilton, Cink and Duval playing in The Open every year.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    Agreed - no different to the likes of O'Meara, Daly, Hamilton, Cink and Duval playing in The Open every year.
    They can't play past 60. There is no limit at The Masters.

Personally, I think the exemption should be for 10 yrs only. Beyond that you end up with players turning up for a nice jolly and an ego rub, their golfing ability at that level having largely left them. Yes, I do remember Tom Watson at Turnberry but that was very much the exception and you do not base rules on exceptions.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26 Hybrid, Ping G25 23 Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Glad to see the masters broadcasting Jack and Gary teeing off on twitter this year.
    In the Bag:

Ping G 9 degree Std Tour 65 stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125 (bent to 50)
    Callaway mack daddy 2 54/14s KBS tour-v 110
    Callaway mack daddy 2 58/10s KBS tour-v 110
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

Handicap - 17.9

https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post

and it allows tiger to play for the rest of his career.. if it wasn't for this we wouldn't be on the verge of the best masters in history
    Correction......best Masters that YOU can remember. Anyway, a ball hasn't been hit yet, it could be a total washout if 1 player runs away with it.

Just stuck a few playful each way bets on Justin Thomas, Alex Noreen and for a laugh Freddie C. Was between Freddie and Angel Cabrera.

I love the old boys trotting out. Personally I love the history of the game and feel the Masters is a real celebration of the sport.

During the week you have people involved aged 7 to 70 years old. All enjoy it and I enjoy watching it. Its a special thing and so rare in any sport, let alone arguably the joint biggest event in the sport.

All this talk that the Masters is not a major because of its entry qualification is a load of old Nonsense. Ask the players and Im pretty certain that the would 99% all say that the claret jug and green jacket are the biggest prizes in the sport.

Ultimately the best in the world all get an invite, plus the best of yesteryear.

Whats the difference?

Appreciate that there is no formal qualifying, however you qualify by getting to the top 50 by plying your trade over the year and entire career.

As I understand things the Masters committee also discourage much older champs from continuing to play. So again why the problem.

I love seeing people like Watson, couples, cabrerra, etc

And I will love watching Nickelson, Woods, scott, Garcia in 20 years time as well.

Only annoying thing is the lack of full round coverage and Id be interested to know why they dont allow it?

Regardless its somthing I personally love. The open and the masters are the two highlights of the year for me. Not just for the competition (although that is essential) but for the sheer spectacle of the whole thing.

I've just done a couple of request a bets on Sky. 66/1 for Bubba, DJ and JT to make 2+ eagles each sounds like easy money to me.

Also did a slightly more out-there one: Rory, DJ, JT 2+ eagles, and Tiger, Bubba, Rahm & Rose to get 1+ eagle. 500/1! 50p on that, should be a nice 250 quid in my pocket, haha.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    Correction......best Masters that YOU can remember. Anyway, a ball hasn't been hit yet, it could be a total washout if 1 player runs away with it.
    Aye, they'll never beat Jack in 1986 for sheer drama. That back 9 charge.
    Woods although equally brilliant always won his majors from the front - nowt wrong with that but little drama for the viewer.

Just watched big Jack's grandson get a hole in one in the par 3 competition, brilliant,
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Gary out-drove Jack during the ceremonial tee-shot. Told Jack after "it's okay, you out-drove me for 50 years"
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC