Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: C'mon Poults!

Re: C'mon Poults!

Some very good points being made about Poulter's attitude. I thought he was magnanimous in victory, how anyone can think he's an arrogant man after watching that I do not know.
    I like putting. (2017 handicap: 11.2...10.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaroid View Post
    Some very good points being made about Poulter's attitude. I thought he was magnanimous in victory, how anyone can think he's an arrogant man after watching that I do not know.
    Um, because he is?

Journeyman Pro

Im with the majority here, I certainly dont think his celebration was OTT when you take into account what he's been through with his game in the last two years, then the last two weeks. Who ever knocks him for winning last week when he needed to and letting his emotions out after doing so is a k nob of butter!
    Handicap 2014-2017 yo yo'in between 10.2 & 11

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

I just don;t see the arrogance that he is accused of. Watched him last night in a discussion on Sky and I thought he came across as a decent and thoughtful guy.

Mind you - that he turned professional with a handicap of 4 does suggest that in his younger days he might well have had significant 'look-at-me; aren't-I-great; I'm-going-to-be-a-star' traits.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I just don;t see the arrogance that he is accused of. Watched him last night in a discussion on Sky and I thought he came across as a decent and thoughtful guy.

Mind you - that he turned professional with a handicap of 4 does suggest that in his younger days he might well have had significant 'look-at-me; aren't-I-great; I'm-going-to-be-a-star' traits.
    According to his Wikipedia, his handicap was 4 because at his club where he was assistant pro he still had to pay extra to enter competitions so he didn't bother.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxx68 View Post
    I think he came over arrogant on a tweet when someone goaded him and he bit saying Ferrari and several million quid come back (not my thoughts, always liked the bloke)... I like winners.... and yes, he was very humble in his interview. Hopefully age has mellowed him, bit like Tiger??
    I used to follow him on twitter but stopped when he posted a picture of his new $30,000 settee. The ordinary man in the street just cannot relate to that, came across as arrogant then.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    I used to follow him on twitter but stopped when he posted a picture of his new $30,000 settee. The ordinary man in the street just cannot relate to that, came across as arrogant then.
    That's not arrogant that's just buying what you can afford, same with his cars.

Sure if we all had that kind of money we would find something to spend our cash on that other's don't see the value in.
    Ping G15 Driver
    Ping G20 Hybrid
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Taylormade Rossa Putter

Handicap 27

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy77 View Post

Sure if we all had that kind of money we would find something to spend our cash on that other's don't see the value in.
    It is arrogant in a 'look at me' manner. 30k for a flippin settee! Get real. He can spend his money on whatever he wants but don't see why you need to put stuff like that in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    This ^^

What was it..? 'Global Tour Golfer' and an Aerial photo outside his Mansion with all his Ferraris lined up With him and his massive head stood in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy77 View Post

You don't need to post about it though to be fair. Why would anyone care what he parks his backside on when he's watching TV?
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2